Dunhuang Private Day Tour
OverviewMogao Grottoes is the jewel of Silk Road located in Dunhuang, China, where access is very challenging. This private day tour makes your trip to Duhuang a breeze with a visit to the highlights of Silk Road including Mogao Grottoes. You will also see the wonder of the Singing Dunes and Crescent Moon Spring.
- Instant Confirmation
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourAt 8:00am, your guide will pick you up from the lobby of your Dunhuang hotel and transfer you to Visitors' Center of MogaoGrottoes, an UNESCO listed World Heritage Site, where you will watch two documentaries about the caves and Silk Road. Then, a professional cave guide will lead you to explore about 7 to 9 caves closely. You will be astonished by well-preserved fresco and statues in the caves from the 4th century.
The caves were built by monks with donated funds and elaborately painted to serve as shrines and for meditation and enlightenment. Those paintings are also a teaching tools to inform those illiterate about Buddhist beliefs and stories. The primary caves were sponsored by patrons of important clergies, local ruling elites, foreign dignitaries, and Chinese emperors. Some of the caves might have been funded by merchants, military officers, and local residents.
Around 3:30pm, you will be transferred to see Singing Sand Dunes and Crescent Moon Spring. This magical spring is located in the center of sand dunes but it has never been covered by the sand throughout the history. It is also called whistling sand or barking sand that produces sound which is perhaps caused by wind passing over dunes or by walking on the sand. Crescent Moon Spring is a crescent-shaped lake oasis in Gobi Desert that is slowing shrinking due to climate change. After the lake visit, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Dunhuang where this wonderful private day trip concludes.
*Note: Your visit to the Mogao Caves might be changed to the afternoon due to daily availability of the attraction. In this caser, you will visit the Singing Sand Dunes and Crescent Moon Spring in the morning.
Inclusions for Dunhuang Private Day Tour
- Travel Insurance
- Private tour
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Dunhuang Private Day Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable shoes
Passport name and number is required at time of booking for all participants for Travel Insurance
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private One Day Tour: Mogao Grottoes, Singing Sand Dunes and The Silk Road Show
- Private One Day Tour: Mogao Grottoes, White Horse Stupa & visit a local family
- Small Group of West Dunhuang Day Tour: Yumenguan Pass-Great Wall of Han Dynasty-Dunhuang Yadan National Geologic Park -No Shopping Stops
- Private West Dunhuang Day Tour of Yumenguan Pass, Great Wall of Han Dynasty, and Yadan National Geological Park
- 4Days Private Dunhuang Tour: Mo Gao Caves-Crescent Spring-Singing Sand Dune-Yumen Pass-Great Wall of Han Dynasty and Yadan National Geologic Park-No Shopping Stops
- Private Transfer between Dunhuang Airport and Dunhuang Hotel
- Buddhism art one day tour in Dunhuang
- Private Buddhism Art Tour with The Silk Road Show include dinner