Duomo Cathedral - MilanWrite a Review
Live a memorable experience walking inside the DUOMO CATHEDRAL, one of the largest churches in the world and the true symbol of the city of Milan! Discover why viewing this imposing pure white building, one of the top Milan’s attraction, fascinates every year more than five millions of visitors.
- 3500 statues (more than any other Cathedral in the world)
- 135 spires
- 96 giants and 150 gargoyles around the Cathedral
- 55 colourfulstainedglasswindows
- A sundial encircled by signs of the Zodiac
- Holy relics and enthralling rituals
- Monumental altars and tombs and a precious floor.
Know More about this tour
Our legally licensed English speaking Tour Guide will take you to discover the Duomo, one of the most iconic building of Milan, which, with its gold plated statue of the Madonnina (the “Little Virgin Mary”, the affectionate name given by the Milanese to the statue that stands on the top of the Cathedral) represent the true symbol of the city. Is the fourth largest Cathedral in Europe, and it is distinguished by a really long history of construction: its building started more than 600 years ago – in 1386, and ended just in 1965. The church is dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
While walking through the main nave, you will be introduced not just to the history of the church, but also to the history of the city and of Europe, to the artistic and architectural features of the building, to its countless paintings, statues and stained glass windows, but also to its many anecdotes and legends, its pagan elements, and to the many hidden secrets that the place still hides!
Inclusions for Duomo Cathedral
- Legally licensed English speaking Tour Guide
- Smaller groups interact with your own Guide
- No queques: Skip the line and access guarantees Last Supper Tickets
- Audio headsets provided (if you are more than 10 people)
- What to do in Milan: tips and suggestions for your stay in the city
- No bad surprises: the price is: “all inclusive”.
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 48 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 2 days To 7 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 50%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.