Duomo Complex Guided Tour - Florence
OverviewEmbark on an unique experience and skip the line at Florence’s Duomo complex and enter this historic area with your licensed guide. You’ll tour the Cathedral, the Baptistery, and the Cathedral Museum. See the exterior of Giotto’s Bell Tower and climb to the top on your own at your own leisure (no skip the line). Make the best of your stay while in Florence.
- Family friendly
- Skip the line
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at Florence Cathedral to begin your comprehensive tour of the Duomo complex, located at the heart of Florence's UNESCO World Heritagelisted historical center and dominated by its massive dome (cupola) designed by Filippo Brunelleschi.
Admirethe architecture and design of the Cathedral, known for its pink and green marblefaade, and the Baptistery, where your guide shows you the remains of a Roman temple dedicated to Mars, the god of war. Then head to the Museo dell'Opera, home to works of art by Arnolfo, Ghiberti, Donatello, Luca della Robbia, and Michelangelo.
At the end of your tour, your are free to climb up Giottos Campanile at your leisure and on your own, if you wish.
Please note: Starting November 1, 2016, if you wish to climb the dome, as well, you must book your entrance at the ticket office of the Opera del Duomo. Beginning April 2017, the skip the line to the Cathedral is not guaranteed.
Inclusions for Duomo Complex Guided Tour
- Entrance fee
- Skip-the-line toOpera Museum (it is no longer possible to skip the line for the Cathedral)
- Professional guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Entry to climb the bell tower on your own after the tour (no skip the line)
Exclusions for Duomo Complex Guided Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Skip-the-line access to the Cathedral and the Baptistry
- Brunelleschi's Dome
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and select museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
If you wish to climb Brunelleschi's Dome after your tour, it is mandatory to book it; you may reserve entrance for the dome at the ticket office of the Opera del Duomo
IMPORTANT: Every first Tuesday of the month, the museum is closed; it will be replaced with a visit to the Santa Reparata crypt
Skip-the-line access may not be guaranteed for reasons outside the tour operator's control and depending on the Opera del Duomo
Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Livorno Arrival Transfer: Cruise Port to Central Florence
- Private Tour: Chianti Region Wine Tasting
- Private Departure Transfer: Florence Train Station
- Experience Florence: Tuscan Dinner in a Florentine Home
- Skip the Line Hard Rock Cafe Florence
- Florence Day Trip to Chianti and San Gimignano
- San Gimignano and Volterra Tour by Private Luxury Van
- Private Transfer: Florence to Venice with Stop in Bologna