Historic windmills, charming fishing villages, picturesque canals, a delectable lunch and cheese tastings this day trip from Amsterdam shows you the best of traditional Dutch culture and scenery in one day. Venturing through Hollands countryside, visit Volendam, Marken, Edam and Zaanse Schans for guided walking tours and free time. Witness the art of wooden shoemaking in Marken, take a boat ride to Volendam for a typical Dutch lunch, enjoy a cheese tasting in Edam, and admire the famous windmills of Zaanse Schans.
- All-inclusive tour
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourYoull be picked up from Amsterdams Museum District. Your guide will then take you on a scenic drive through the beautiful countryside of the Netherlands.
Your first stop is Marken, a small fishing town known for preserving traditional Dutch culture. Take a walking tour along the charming streets while learning about the history of this special place. Youll also visit a wooden shoemaker to see a craftsman busy at work, demonstrating the fine skill of wooden shoemaking.
Youll then board a boat for a journey to Volendam, offering a beautiful view of Lake Ijssel. When you arrive in Volendam, youll have free time to explore this traditional Dutch fishing village on your own. Browse the shops and even take a picture of yourself in traditional Volendam costumes, which are sill worn during folkloric events. Then meet with your group for lunch at a restaurant along the dike. Here you'll enjoy a set 3-course meal, and can choose between a fish, meat or vegetarian option. Water is included, and other drinks are available for purchase.
Your next stop is Edam, a gem in the heart of North Holland. This little town is famous for its cheese, which has been enjoyed around the world for centuries. Savor the flavor of Edam during a cheese tasting at a local cheese shop. Not only is Edam famous for cheese, it also has a rich history as a former shipyard and is home to one of the Netherlands largest churches, the Grote Kerk, which youll see on your walking tour. Wander the cobblestone streets and gaze upon the quaint homes and bridges along Edams canals its like taking a stroll through a Dutch postcard.
From Edam, continue your scenic drive through the countryside to the province of Zaandam, where youll visit the neighborhood of Zaanse Schans. This famous area is home to a wonderful collection of well-preserved, historic windmills. The area also has picturesque homes, wooden barns and scenic meadows for you to see. Visit one of the windmills by foot, exploring the inside to discover the importance of this Dutch icon up-close.
Zaanse Schans completes your authentic Dutch excursion. Youll then make your way back to Amsterdam.
Inclusions for Dutch Windmills And Countryside Day Trip From Amsterdam Including Cheese Tasting In Edam
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Walking tours of Volendam, Marken, Zaanse Schans and Edam
- Visit of traditional windmill and clogs shoe-maker
- Boat ride
- Lunch at local restaurant in Volendam
- Cup of coffee and pastry
- Cheese tasting in Edam
Exclusions for Dutch Windmills And Countryside Day Trip From Amsterdam Including Cheese Tasting In Edam
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.