Enjoy a day trip to see Dzibilchaltun and Progreso Port from Merida. Dzibilchaltun is known as the place of "writing on stone“ and it's located 15 kilometers northeast of Merida. You will visit both places as well as a museum and learn more about the Maya culture. Your tour includes transport and a professional guide.
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
You will be picked up from your Merida hotel at around 9am in the morning. From there you'll head to Dzibilchaltun known as the place of "writing on stone." This Maya city is located 15 Kilometers northeast of Merida. Here, you will visit the museum, then a typical Mayan house, walk along a Sacbe, and get to the pyramids to admire the Temple of the Sun, also called Temple of the Seven Dolls. On this temple, during each March and September equinox a phenomenon known as The Sunrise occurs.
Then, you will visit the cenote Xlacah and end the tour with a visit to the Port of Progreso to enjoy and admire the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Your will then be dropped-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Dzibilchaltun Ruins Tour And Progreso Beach Break From Merida
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Dzibilchaltun Ruins Tour And Progreso Beach Break From Merida
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and lunch
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.