OverviewDiscover one of the most important highlights of Irish heritage on this early access fully guided tour. You will explore the Book of Kells' rich ornamentation, multi-layered symbolism and meaning. It is known for its world-renowned artistry, as well as its many hidden secrets and mysteries dating back to the 800 AD. This early access tour offers visitors an opportunity to enjoy the exhibition experience without the hustle and bustle of large crowds. Next, continue on this fascinating walking tour to explore Dublin Castle and its medieval streets located within the original city walls of Dublin.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tourThe Book of Kells located within the walls of Trinity College Dublin was written around 800AD. This beautiful and fascinating masterpiece is considered the greatest example of medieval illumination for over 1,200 years. Described in the Annals of Ulster in 1007 as ‘the most precious object in the western world,’ the historic and cultural significance of the Book of Kells has only increased over time. Named for its original home in the Abbey of Kells, the manuscript is now displayed in Dublin’s beautiful 16th century Trinity College Library. Together with our expert 5 star guides, you’ll explore the Book of Kells' rich ornamentation, multi-layered symbolism and meaning, and its world-renowned artistry, as well as its many hidden secrets and mysteries. This early access tour offers visitors to Dublin a one of a kind opportunity to enjoy the exhibition experience without the hustle and bustle of crowds. On this tour your guide will ensure an up close visit of the Book of Kells and Old Library.
Continue on your tour to Dublin Castle, located in the heart of historic Dublin. The castle was originally built in the 13th century on a site previously settled by the Vikings it has operated as a military fortress, treasury, a prison, courts of law and the seat of English Administration in Ireland for 700 years. On this exterior tour, you will have the chance to visit the Garden, the Upper & Lower State Yards, the original Record Tower and Octagonal Towers and other highlights. Your guide will reveal secrets including why a very unique and different Lady of Justice stands over the Castle walls in addition to other tales of mystery and intrigue, including the disappearance of the Irish Crown Jewels and the famous Gothic Count created within the Castle's walls.
You will also see Ireland’s only official Statue of Molly Molone (Dublin’s mascot), “The Victorian 18th century Georges Street Arcade” shopping center as well as stunning Georgian masterpiece "Powerscourt Center".
Inclusions for Early Access: Book Of Kells Including Exterior Tour Of Dublin Castle
- Entry to Book of Kells
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Early Access: Book Of Kells Including Exterior Tour Of Dublin Castle
- Entry to Dublin Castle
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not wheelchair accessible
Wheelchairs, motorized scooters or any other device to assist mobility are not recommended
Unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Skip The Line: Guinness Storehouse Entrance Ticket
- Cliffs Of Moher Day Trip From Dublin
- Blarney Castle And Cork Day Trip From Dublin
- Giant's Causeway Day Trip From Dublin
- Dublin Traditional Irish Music Pub Crawl
- Northern Ireland Day Trip From Dublin: Belfast Black Taxi Tour And Giant's Causeway
- Newgrange And Hill Of Tara Day Trip From Dublin
- 24hrs City Sightseeing Dublin Hop On-off 3 Routes And Dublin Night Tour By Bus
- City Sightseeing Dublin
- Dublin City Hop On Hop Off Tour