Early Access Montserrat Tour And Santa Cecilia Church With Brunch And Wine From Barcelona
OverviewAvoid the crowds at the Royal Basilica of Montserrat and visit the lesser-known treasure of Santa Cecilia Monserrat Church on this 7-hour tour from Barcelona. Admire Montserrats wind-eroded mountainsides, and arrive at the Royal Basilica earlier than the main tour groups. Then, explore Santa Cecilia church, viewingits Romanesque interior and avant-garde artworks beforeenjoying a tapas brunch and wine on the terrace. Admission fees, brunch, three wine tastings, and round-trip transport included.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Fully narrated tour
- Excellent value for money
- Instant Confirmation
- Likely to Sell Out
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide in central Barcelona prior to 8am departure, and travel by luxury, air-conditioned micro-bus to Montserrat, just outside the city.
This 4,051-foot (1,236-meter) mountain is composed of rock pillars eroded by the elements through the millennia. Admire the rock shapes, and ascend to Montserrat Monastery, the Benedictine Abbey on the mountainside.
Here, take a guided tour of the magnificent Royal Basilica. Your tour is timed so you arrive before the days main crowds, enabling you to explore at one of the quietest times.
Admire the gilded interior, and from a distance, view the famous Black Madonna, a 12th-century wood carving of the Virgin Mary, Catalonias patron saint, that draws pilgrims and is accredited with miracles.
Then, enjoy free time to explore the audiovisual exhibition on Monserrats history, and sample four of the abbeys famous liqueurs.
Afterward, visit the nearby Santa Cecilia de Montserrat, a Romanesque monastery on a terrace with stunning views of Montserrats cliffs, and, on clear days, the Pyrenees.
Take an audio-guided tour of the church, with its contemporary artworks by artist Sean Scully, and savor a tapas brunch and three wine tastings on the terrace. Your trip then concludes at the Barcelona departure point.
Inclusions for Early Access Montserrat Tour And Santa Cecilia Church With Brunch And Wine From Barcelona
- Round-tripby luxury, air-conditioned micro-bus
- Professional guide
- 4 tastings of liqueursmade by themonks of the Montserrat Royal Basilica
- Admissionto Royal Basilica audiovisual exhibition
- Admission andaudio-guided tour of Santa Cecilia Church
- Brunch at Santa Cecilia: Local products such cold meats, cheeses and dessert paired with one cup of white wine, one cup of red wine and one cup of cava, typical sparkling wine of Catalonia.
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Early Access Montserrat Tour And Santa Cecilia Church With Brunch And Wine From Barcelona
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 9 people per booking
Infant meals not included
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Barcelona Private Transfer from Cruise Terminal to Airport
- Girona and Costa Brava Private Day Trip from Barcelona
- Montserrat Tour from Barcelona Including Lunch and Wine Tasting in Oller del Mas
- Barcelona Bike Tour
- Barcelona Shore Excursion: Skip the Line Sagrada Familia, Park Guell and La Pedrera
- Barcelona 2-Hour Afternoon Electric Bike Tour