OverviewAvoid the crowds at the Royal Basilica of Montserrat and visit the lesser-known treasure of Santa Cecilia Monserrat Church on this 7-hour tour from Barcelona. Admire Montserrats wind-eroded mountainsides, and arrive at the Royal Basilica earlier than the main tour groups. Then, explore Santa Cecilia church, viewingits Romanesque interior and avant-garde artworks beforeenjoying a tapas brunch and wine on the terrace. Admission fees, brunch, three wine tastings, and round-trip transport included.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Fully narrated tour
- Excellent value for money
- Instant Confirmation
- Likely to Sell Out
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide in central Barcelona prior to 8am departure, and travel by luxury, air-conditioned micro-bus to Montserrat, just outside the city.
This 4,051-foot (1,236-meter) mountain is composed of rock pillars eroded by the elements through the millennia. Admire the rock shapes, and ascend to Montserrat Monastery, the Benedictine Abbey on the mountainside.
Here, take a guided tour of the magnificent Royal Basilica. Your tour is timed so you arrive before the day’s main crowds, enabling you to explore at one of the quietest times.
Admire the gilded interior, and from a distance, view the famous Black Madonna, a 12th-century wood carving of the Virgin Mary, Catalonia’s patron saint, that draws pilgrims and is accredited with miracles.
Then, enjoy free time to explore the audiovisual exhibition on Monserrat’s history, and sample four of the abbey’s famous liqueurs.
Afterward, visit the nearby Santa Cecilia de Montserrat, a Romanesque monastery on a terrace with stunning views of Montserrat’s cliffs, and, on clear days, the Pyrenees.
Take an audio-guided tour of the church, with its contemporary artworks by artist Sean Scully, and savor a tapas brunch and three wine tastings on the terrace. Your trip then concludes at the Barcelona departure point.
Inclusions for Early Access Montserrat Tour And Santa Cecilia Church With Brunch And Wine From Barcelona
- Round-trip by luxury, air-conditioned micro-bus
- Professional guide
- 4 tastings of liqueurs made by the monks of the Montserrat Royal Basilica
- Admission to Royal Basilica audiovisual exhibition
- Admission and audio-guided tour of Santa Cecilia Church
- Brunch at Santa Cecilia: three local tapas paired with a cup each of white wine, red wine, and cava (Catalan sparkling wine)
Exclusions for Early Access Montserrat Tour And Santa Cecilia Church With Brunch And Wine From Barcelona
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant meals not included
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A maximum of 9 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.