Early Access: Sistine Chapel And Vatican Museums Ticket - Rome
OverviewVisit the Sistine Chapel before the doors are opened to the public, and see its Renaissance treasures without the crowds! After gazing in wonder at Michelangelos The Last Judgement fresco and other astounding works of art, head inside the Vatican Museums, bypassing all the entrance lines outside. Then, spend as long as you want inside, exploring independently with a map and seeing highlights like Raphaels Rooms and more.
- Likely to Sell Out
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Skip the line
Know More about this tourRise early to meet your host outside the Vatican Museums, and then head straight inside to the Sistine Chapel, hearing about its history and treasures on the way (talking is not permitted inside). As one of the first visitors of the day, make the most of this sacred room without the crowds, and stand up close to incredible artwork such as Michelangelos The Last Judgement the iconic blue fresco that adorns the chapels back wall.
The Renaissance-era genius was also responsible for the Sistine Chapels ceiling frescoes, collectively representing one of the largest bodies of artwork to be painted by just one person. Gaze upward and marvel at scenes depicting Old Testament tales like the world-famous Creation of Adam, where God brings Adam to life with the touch of his finger.
After strolling around the chapel, admiring the works and soaking up the sacred atmosphere of the popes private chapel, head into the Vatican Museums with your entrance ticket and map. Then, explore at leisure, enjoying seeing more incredible art work before the later-morning crowds arrive.
Your visit to the museum complex is independent, meaning that you can see whatever you want to see and spend as long as you want inside. Explore must-visit halls like the Gallery of Maps and Raphaels Rooms, and see classical antiquities, Etruscan artifacts and some of the worlds most exquisite pieces of Renaissance artwork.
Inclusions for Early Access: Sistine Chapel And Vatican Museums Ticket
- Early access 30 minutes before public entry - entrance fee
- Headsets (to hear host on way to Sistine Chapel)
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Early Access: Sistine Chapel And Vatican Museums Ticket
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Pre-booking this tour enables you to skip the long lines (which can take up to two hours!) to enter the Vatican Museums. Please note, all visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security.
This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended
Wheelchair information: This tour is not wheelchair accessible. For your information, Vatican Museums provide wheelchairs free of charge in the main lobby. You can easily pick one up after entrance, before starting your own independent visit. If you are looking for a guided tour with wheelchair access, we recommend booking our private tour so a guide can lead you through the alternate routes.
St Peter's Basilica, the grottos and the dome: After the tour, you may visit these attractions on your own. Your tour will end at the front of St Peter's Basilica, which is a very convenient location to leave for lunch, visit the Vatican bookstore, visit the Vatican post office, enter St Peter's Basilica, continue to the grottos below St Peter's or climb to the dome. Your tour guide will be happy to point you in the right direction!
Backpacks, tripods and big umbrellas must be left inside a cloakroom on entering the Vatican Museums. To reduce any disruption for your group, we recommend that these items are not taken on this tour
Small-group tour of 20 people maximum
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Skip the Line: Family-Friendly Colosseum and Ancient Rome Tour
- Night in Rome on a Vespa
- Rome Highlights Half-Day Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Ancient Rome Half-Day Tour: Colosseum and Roman Forum
- The Original Fettuccine Alfredo: Cooking Class and Lunch at Alfredo alla Scrofa Restaurant