OverviewDonât miss this chance to visit the Sistine Chapel as a real VIP. If you hate the crowds and you want to admire this artistic masterpieceÂ in absolute peace, this tour (that comes with a professional art history expert or with an audioguide for a self-guided tour) is the perfect choice for you. VIP entry means a privileged access to the Sistine Chapel through a special door 15 minutes before other groups and 1 hour and 15 minutes before the general public. After the Sistine Chapel, you will explore theÂ Vatican Museums.
- Exclusive after-hours access
- Excellent value for money
- Skip the line
- Small group ensures personal service
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- All entrance fees included
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
Know More about this tourBe part of the first group of people entering the Vatican Museums. Choose to go with a guided tour or receive a map and audioguide for a self-guided tour.
Through our privileged door to the Sistine Chapel, you’ll have the chance to admire Michelangelo’s masterpiece surrounded by very few people 15-20 minutes before other groups are granted entry.
With the aid of a map and a comprehensive pre-recorded audio-guide, you’ll be free to explore the entire Vatican Museums at your own pace. Or upgrade this basic tour option with a guided tour to, in a small group, be led by a professional and friendly guide (English only) who will explain little-known facts about this special place.
Inclusions for Early Access To Vatican Museums Before Morning Opening
- Entrance fees
- DVD souvenir (only for the at your pace tour option)
- Tour escort/host to coordinate the entrance and provide you headset
- Skip-the-line access
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Guided tour in English (only for the Guided tour)
- Access to St. Peter's Basilica (only for the Guided tour)
Exclusions for Early Access To Vatican Museums Before Morning Opening
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
Visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security.
The cloakroom staff will accept visitors’ bags and personal belongings (regardless of the form, material, or dimension of the object), with the exception of clothing items, hats, and portable umbrellas. The following must be left in the cloakroom: suitcases; backpacks and containers with dimensions larger than 40 x 35 x 15 centimeters; bags and packs that are cumbersome, except for small-sized bags that are carried on the shoulder, and don't jut out more than 15 centimeters from the body; any umbrella with a spike tip, and umbrellas of medium and large size; walking sticks (except those required by disabled visitors); tripods for cameras and video cameras; and signage of any kind.
Important: The Basilica is an active place of worship and may be closed without prior notice for religious events: in this case the visit will be substituted by a visit to the Vatican Library.
Access to St. Peter's basilica and live tour guide are provided only with the Guided tour option.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.