Early Morning Sistine Chapel (first Come First Serve!) - Rome
Overview- Sites visited: Vatican Museums, Courtyard of the pine cone, Galleries of Candelabras, Tapestries and Geographical Maps, the Raphael's rooms, Sistine Chapel, Saint Peter's Basilica and square, Pietà of Michelangelo - Duration: 3,5 hours - Meeting time: monday, tuesday, thursday, friday and saturday at 7:30 - Dress code: below knees, shoulders covered - Included: radios and earpieces for 6 pax or more - Not included: ticket fees, food, beverages and taxi transfer
Know More about this tourIf your wish is to avoid the crowd and be one of the first visitors of the Sistine chapel, before the regular entrance to the Museums, this is your tour! With an itinerary studied to make the experience more comfortable, after the entrance with the use of shortcuts we'll be at the chapel in not more than 20 minutes. Once inside you'll have time enough to explore in an in-depth way all the paintings which made Michelangelo's contemporaries call him, the genius. Than, back to the entrance to restart the tour covering the main highlights on the way to Saint Peter's Basilica.
So let us show you the wonders of the Vatican Museums in the Vatican City State, the smallest country of the world, an independent entity from Italy since 1929. Entering the threshold of the museums will mean for you to cross the border and leave Italy.
With this tour you experience the most relevant part of the State, some of the 8 sections composing the Vatican Museums, one of the five most visited museums of the world with 6 millions of tourists every year, unique for the density of masterpieces, a chance to breath the genius of Raphael, Michelangelo, Botticelli, the most influential and representative artists of the Italian renaissance.
An itinerary focused on art, history, religion, symbolism passing through courtyards, galleries like the one of the tapestries and the geographical maps, and including the private apartment of the Pope Julius II painted by the talented Raphael.
After having enjoyed all these gems, a short itinerary skipping all the lines, gives you the access to the Basilica of Saint Peter, the biggest Catholic church of the world, the cradle of Christianity, place of pilgrimages, the main expression of the Barocco style in Rome with its best interpreter, Bernini. He spent 25 years of his activity and was appointed by the Pope Urban VIII director of fine arts for the project of what is a museum and a church at the same time.
Once inside, at the first chapel on the right, one of the most iconic statue of the italian history of art, carved by Michelangelo at the age of only 23, the Pietà! The church also holds the tombs of most of the 266 Popes since Peter. Moving towards the end of the main nave your eyes will be caught by the canopy covering the main altar under whose magnificent structure you can see the door giving access to the crypt in front of which the golden box preserving the relics of Peter.
Inclusions for Early Morning Sistine Chapel (first Come First Serve!)
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly for a group of at least 5 pax
- Local guide
- Professional guide art historian or archaeologist
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Early Morning Sistine Chapel (first Come First Serve!)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
A current valid ID is required on the day of the tour only for student under 26 with a student card or under 18
There could be changes in the itinerary of the tour due to the regular religious activity of Saint Peter's Basilica
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- 3-Day Italy Trip: Naples, Pompeii and Amalfi
- Small-Group Cooking Lesson in Roman Countryside
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Civitavecchia Cruise Port to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- Florence Day Trip from Rome by High-Speed Train
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Rome Fiumicino Airport to Civitavecchia Cruise Port
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Vespa 125cc Rental Rome