Early Morning Teotihuacan Pyramids Tour With A Private Archeologist - Mexico City
OverviewVisit the pyramids at Teotihuacan City of the Gods on this archeological tour from Mexico city with a specialized guide. Arrive early at the UNESCO World Heritage Site and beat the tourist crowds, allowing you to experience the plazas, murals and majestic atmosphere in peaceful morning stillness. View famous monuments, including a climb up to the Sun Pyramid and Moon Pyramid. Your day trip by an air-conditioned vehicle includes a stop at an obsidian factory, where you can taste a variety of liqueurs.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourIf you select the Morning Access,when your guide meets you early in the morning, head just 30 miles (48 km) from Mexico City to Teotihuacan, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Commonly referred to as the City of the Gods, this pre-Columbian Mesoamerican city is known for its well-preserved murals, vast Avenue of the Dead and the impressive pyramids that mark its landscape.
Arrive at the archeological park before the crowds in the early morning just as it begins to open its gates. Take in the serene and mystical atmosphere as your group meanders through large empty plazas in the absence of the crowds and explore the pyramids. Follow your guide to a variety of less-visited monuments in the complex as well as to famous structures like the Palace of Quetzalpapalot and the Temple of Quetzalcoatl also called the Temple of the Feathered Serpent the third largest pyramid at Teotihuacan.
View the intricate murals and other architectural details as your knowledgeable guide explains their archeological significance, shares information on the latest discoveries, and tells stories about the culture that inhabited this ancient city.
Climb the steep steps to the top of the Sun Pyramid and the Moon Pyramid the principal axis of Teotihuacan. From the summit, view the lengthy Avenue of the Dead, the mile-long (2.5 km) road that divided the city and extended from the Moon Plaza in the north to the Great Compound in the south.
After your tour of Teotihuacan, your guide will take your sgroup to an obsidian workshop to meet a local family and try tastings of several liqueurs made from cactus as well as tequila, mezcal and pulque. Here, you can choose from a variety of traditional Mexican dishes for lunch (purchase at own expense) before your guide delivers you back to the central meeting points.
If you select the Afternoon Option, after being picked up at the meeting point in Mexico City, youll be taken on a trip towards North-East Mexico City, across the suburbs, as the guide gives your a brief introduction of the history of the city and the different spots you pass by on the way to the site. At the arrival in Teotihuacan, the tour will start with the Pyramid of the Sun, where youll be able to climb it, heading next to the Pyramid of the Moon.
The guide will provide you with explanations on the architecture and urban design of the site, which represents the Mesoamerican cosmovision, along with letting you see the way in which this civilization lived and was organized.
Well take a look at the last sun rays that touch the pyramids as the site empties. Well find an attractive spot aroundthe pyramids so you can enjoy the sunset before heading to the meetingpoint in Mexico City.
Inclusions for Early Morning Teotihuacan Pyramids Tour With A Private Archeologist
- Professional private guide
- Entrance fees
- Round-trip transport by air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Early Morning Teotihuacan Pyramids Tour With A Private Archeologist
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please take into account that the inclusions of your tour, as well as the duration of it, depend on the selected modality.
It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes
Note: There is one guide per each group of 20 people. During high season, groups may be larger than 20 aboard the bus to Teotihuacan, but these are split into groups of maximum 20 people upon arrival
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mezcal tasting and food experience
- Teotihuacan Pyramids Private Tour from Mexico City
- Mariachi and Mezcal Tasting in Mexico City
- ATV Tour in the Nevado de Toluca and Metepec from Mexico City
- Photo Session in Mexico City
- Scenic Viewpoint Tour in Mexico City
- Ancient Mexico: The Anthropology Museum Walking Tour
- The Emperor's Way: Castillo de Chapultepec Walking Tour