OverviewVisit the pyramids at Teotihuacan City of the Gods on this archeological tour from Mexico City with a specialized guide. Arrive early at the UNESCO World Heritage Site and beat the tourist crowds, allowing you to experience the plazas, murals and majestic atmosphere in peaceful morning stillness. View famous monuments, including a climb up to the Sun Pyramid and Moon Pyramid. Your day trip by an air-conditioned vehicle includes a stop at an obsidian factory, where you can taste a variety of liqueurs.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourWhen your guide meets you early in the morning, head just 30 miles (48 km) from Mexico City to Teotihuacan, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Commonly referred to as the City of the Gods, this pre-Columbian Mesoamerican city is known for its well-preserved murals, vast Avenue of the Dead and the impressive pyramids that mark its landscape.
Arrive at the archeological park before the crowds in the early morning just as it begins to open its gates. Take in the serene and mystical atmosphere as your group meanders through large empty plazas in the absence of the crowds and explore the pyramids. Follow your guide to a variety of less-visited monuments in the complex as well as to famous structures like the Palace of Quetzalpapalot and the Temple of Quetzalcoatl also called the Temple of the Feathered Serpent the third largest pyramid at Teotihuacan.
View the intricate murals and other architectural details as your knowledgeable guide explains their archeological significance, shares information on the latest discoveries, and tells stories about the culture that inhabited this ancient city.
Climb the steep steps to the top of the Sun Pyramid and the Moon Pyramid the principal axis of Teotihuacan. From the summit, view the lengthy Avenue of the Dead, the mile-long (2.5 km) road that divided the city and extended from the Moon Plaza in the north to the Great Compound in the south.
After your tour of Teotihuacan, your guide will take your sgroup to an obsidian workshop to meet a local family and try tastings of several liqueurs made from cactus as well as tequila, mezcal and pulque. Here, you can choose from a variety of traditional Mexican dishes for lunch (purchase at own expense) before your guide delivers you back to the central meeting points.
Inclusions for Early Morning Teotihuacan Pyramids Tour With A Private Archeologist
- Professional private guide
- Entrance fees
- Round-trip transport by air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Early Morning Teotihuacan Pyramids Tour With A Private Archeologist
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes
Note: There is one guide per each group of 20 people. During high season, groups may be larger than 20 aboard the bus to Teotihuacan, but these are split into groups of maximum 20 people upon arrival
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Private Arrival Transfer: Mexico City Airport To Hotel
- Museo Del Tequila Y El Mezcal Admission Ticket With Mayahuel Tour
- Mexico City Sightseeing Tour
- Mexico City Bike And Gastronomy Tour
- Coyoacan And Xochimilco Including Frida Kahlo Museum
- Mexico City Gastronomic Tour
- Private Combo Tour: Xochimilco, Coyoacán And Frida Kahlo Museum
- Teotihuacan Archaeology Tour
- Tacos, Salsas And Mezcales In La Condesa In Mexico City
- San Angel Mexican Food Tour