OverviewA paved road, downhill bicycle tour through a Federally protected Wilderness zone along the San Andreas Fault. Riders will be treated to magnificent vistas of the wide open Colorado Desert, enter a tortured badlands canyon, then finish off with views of the Santa Rosa Mountains and ride through the agricultural fields of the Eastern Coachella Valley. On the way home we will stop by a working date farm for date shakes.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Family friendly
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All necessary equipment included
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tourThe Earthquake Canyon Express Riders are treated to a geologic extravaganza on this 20 mile tour that descends through the heart of the San Andreas Fault zone on a paved road to the heart of grape country near Mecca. There are no cross roads, no turns, and very little traffic which makes this a relaxing sightseeing adventure. Riders will see the stark beauty of the desert as they descend a total of 1200 feet over the route.
The course takes riders from the transition zone between the Colorado and Mojave Desert, winds its way through the narrow canyon walls of Box Canyon and finishes with spectacular views of the Salton Sea, Mt. San Jacinto, the All-American Canal, and the agriculture of the eastern Coachella Valley. The tour finishes with a visit to the Oasis Date Gardens for a date shake and restroom break.
Inclusions for Earthquake Canyon Express Downhill Bike Adventure
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Bike tour
Exclusions for Earthquake Canyon Express Downhill Bike Adventure
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.