East Algarve Day Trip Including Almancil, Faro, Olhao And Tavira
OverviewExplore the peaceful East Algarve with its charming towns, elegant architecture and sights steeped in history. This must-do day trip includes tours of the Church of St Loureno in Almancil town, the Algarve capital of Faro with its stately Old Town plus Tavira Castle: a ruined monument believed to date to Neolithic times. Enjoy free time to soak up the laid-back pace of the region in the fishing town of Olho and make use of a hotel pickup and drop-off service that covers hotels all over the Algarve region.
- Led by a local guide
- Hotel pickup included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourStart your day trip to the East Algarve with a hotel pickup, and then travel by air-conditioned coach to the pretty town of Almancil, roughly 8 miles (13km) northwest of Faro. Head inside the towns crowning glory, the beautiful Church of St Loureno (Igreja de So Loureno de Matos), and marvel at its stunning blue-and-white wall tiles while exploring. The tiles depict the story of St Loureno who used money from the Catholic Church to pay for the poor until he was caught by the Romans.
Continue to Faro, the Algarves capital, for a walking tour of its elegant Old Town. Amble around the charming cobblestone streets and see the Arc da Vila, a monument that was commissioned to mark the entrance to the Old Town after a devastating earthquake in 1755. After exploring the streets, enjoy some free time to sightsee independently or shop for souvenirs to take home.
Meet back up with your guide and travel to the nearby town of Olho with its bustling fishing port and Moorish-esque neighborhoods and cube-shaped houses. Stretch your legs on a walk around with your guide, and then take a break for lunch at your own expense; your guide will have plenty of restaurant recommendations if you need them.
Your last stop of the day is the beautiful city of Tavira, a town often called the 'Venice of the Algarve' after its location that straddles the River Gilo. Steeped in history, Tavira is home to Roman bridges, Renaissance churches and historical monuments aplenty, but its Tavira Castle a structure thought to date to Neolithic days that is the towns most intriguing sight. Pay your entrance fee and then head inside the site to explore the castle's ramparts and ruins.
Leave Tavira in the late afternoon and travel back to your Algarve hotel where your day trip finishes.
Inclusions for East Algarve Day Trip Including Almancil, Faro, Olhao And Tavira
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
Exclusions for East Algarve Day Trip Including Almancil, Faro, Olhao And Tavira
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to Tavira Castle
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Please note that on Wednesday the visit to Church of St Loureno will be not available. A visit to Ayamonte will be offered instead
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Negombo City
- Guided Tour of Cathedral of Holy Trinity
- Privat Airport Transfer Sri lanka From Bandaranayake International Airport
- Red Dot Design Museum Admission Ticket
- Sombai Infused Cambodian Liqueur: Workshop Visit and Liqueur Tasting
- Selvatura Park: Hummingbird Garden and Insect Museum Tour