OverviewDiscover the natural beauty hidden just off Hawaii’s famed Hana Highway on a waterfalls and rainforest hike in east Maui. The 5- to 6-hour excursion takes you deep into one of Hawaii’s most popular valleys, where several waterfalls tumble within a short distance of one another. On this relaxed hike, take a dip into the pools located beneath the falls, clamor up columnar basalt rock formations to jump safely into the water and enjoy a healthy lunch. Optional round-trip transport from your Maui hotel included.
Know More about this tourOutfitted in a swimsuit, begin the journey from your hotel—if you’ve opted for round-trip transport—or meet your guide in the town of Kahului, where the Hana Highway begins. You’ll be driven to the entrance of the hiking area, which was selected for its heavy concentration of waterfalls. Your guide will lead you along streams to three or more of these breathtaking cascades, some more than 40-feet (12-meters) high. While many tourists flock to Hana Highway area for its scenic beauty, your local guide knows the best vantage points for appreciating the falls on your 2.5-mile (4-kilometer) hike.
The waterfalls are breathtaking from land, but they’re even better up close. Wade into any of the pools under the falls—depending on the season, some are calm enough to pass beneath. With advice from the guide, adventurous types can climb up to the nearby columnar basalt ledges and jump 10- to 15- feet (3- to 4.5-meters) into the water below. After exploring the waterfalls by both land and water, enjoy a healthy lunch of your selection of sandwiches, chips, fresh island fruit, cookies and water. Dry off from your time in the water before finishing your hike. A van will transport you back along the Hana Highway to your departure point.
Inclusions for East Maui Waterfalls And Rainforest Hike
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
Exclusions for East Maui Waterfalls And Rainforest Hike
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off, unless option selected
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
If hotel pick-up option is selected, YOU MUST provide your hotel information in the special requirements field at checkout. Failure to provide your hotel information may result in the loss of transportation.
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum age is 8 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.