East Village Walking Tour: Craft Cocktails And Speakeasies - New York City
OverviewTake an evening walking tour with an in-the-know guide through the heart of Manhattans booming cocktail scene. Youll visit an eclectic collection of bars in the East Village, listening to tales of speakeasies and gangsters along the way. Sample three delicious libations with light snacks, and learn how to make craft cocktails yourself while discovering some of the best places to grab a drink in New York City. Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group tour, providing a more personalized experience.
- Free drinks included
- Led by a local guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in Tompkins Square Park, where youll start your East Village cocktail tour at a drinking fountain gifted to the city by a temperance advocate who extolled the virtues of water over whiskey an appropriate landmark for discussing the Prohibition era and New York Citys resurgent cocktail culture.
Then set off through the neighborhood, visiting three cocktail bars to sample a drink, meet expert bartenders and mixologists, and learn how they make their craft cocktails. Check out sites of former speakeasies (hidden, illegal bars that operated during Prohibition), and hear tales of the gangsters and politicians that kept the liquor flowing despite the 18th Amendment.
Swing by Astor Wines, Manhattans premier wine and spirits shop, and learn what to look for when purchasing different spirits. Your guide will highlight local microdistillers who produce delicious whiskeys, rums, vodkas and gins, and help you pick out the perfect boozy souvenir to take home with you (own expense).
In between stops, learn about the craft-distilling and cocktail movement, and hear all about the East Village and its history, including the best tucked-away places to grab a drink or a bite to eat.
Inclusions for East Village Walking Tour: Craft Cocktails And Speakeasies
- 3 cocktails
- Light snack
- Professional Local guide
Exclusions for East Village Walking Tour: Craft Cocktails And Speakeasies
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Additional food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 21 years (ID required)
Dress code is smart casual
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.