East Village Walking Tour With Food Tasting - New York CityWrite a Review
Take a trip through the historic and beatific East Village; the home to 24-hour cafes, Ukranian Churches, avant-garde theater houses; and celebrities and artistic hopefuls alike. We begin our journey at the defunct site of CBGB's, now a John Varvatos Men's Clothier. From here we will learn about the seedy underbelly of The Bowery and how a once neighborhood of immigrants has transformed into one of the hippest places to live in the city. Notable historic stops include: the oldest Irish Pub McSorley's (est.1854), Yonah Schimmel's, Cafe Veselka, the gentrified St. Mark's Street, and the historic Lower East Side neighborhood. Come visit the neighborhood where artists like Patti Smith, Keith Haring, Jean-Michel Basquiat and the Beastie Boys all thrived. Take a walk on the other side of Bohemian Culture.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourYour journey begins at the defunct site of CBGB's, now a John Varvatos Men's Clothier.
From there, we will stop at these notable neighborhood favorites, such as: The Bowery Poetry Club, The New Museum, Yonah Schimmel's Famous New York Knishes, Russ and Daughter's Jewish Appetizing Store, The Tenement Museum, Historic Orchard Street, Economy Candy, Katz's Delicatessen, The Anthology Film Archives, KGB Bar, Theater Row, Veselka Cafe, Cooper Union and Astor Place.
We will be sharing five 'tastings' during our 2 and a half hour walking tour. Be prepared to eat so come hungry. Also, bring an umbrella if there if rain and a smile for all of our guides.
Inclusions for East Village Walking Tour With Food Tasting
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
Exclusions for East Village Walking Tour With Food Tasting
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.