Easter Trip: Sintra Small-Group Tour With Cabo Da Roca And Cascais From Lisbon
OverviewDiscover Sintra, a true glorious 'Garden of Eden', as the famous British poet Lord Byron once called it on this guided full day small-group tour from Lisbon. Get lost within the grottoes and dense vegetationof Regaleira, concealing mysterious meanings from Masonry and Templar Orders. See the iconic Pena Palace at the top of the mountain from where you can see up to Lisbon. Go to Roca Cape, thewesternmost point of Europe, and on the way back home have a quick stop at Cascais, a quaint little fishing village and a summer vacation hotspot!
Know More about this tourStart the day with 9am pickup at your centrally-located Lisbon hotel,then begin the 18-mile (29-km.) trip to Sintra in a climate-controlled minibus, followingMarginal Avenue forsweeping views of the Tagus River and Atlantic Ocean. Leave the 25 de Abril Bridgebehind as you parallelthe railway line, passing white sandy beaches, fishing vessels, ancient fortresses, and old mansions.
As you drive along the Portuguese Riviera, snap photos of the Casino Estoril, Europes largest casino, then pause to stretch your legs inCascais, a fishing village turnedchic holiday destination. Explore narrow alleys and glimpse traditional Portuguese white houses, or simply find a spot to relax by the beach.
Continue to picture-perfect Cabo da Roca, continental Europes westernmost point, and spot some of the surfers at Guincho, one of the regions most famous beaches.
Upon arrival in Sintra, explore the historic center then head to the romantic Quinta da Regaleira estate for a guided tour of the palace, lush gardens, lakes, grottoes, and buildings with mysterious links to theFreemasons and the Knights Templar.
Head to the top of Serra de Sintra to visit the Park and National Palace of Pena (entrance not included). Admire the fairytale example of architectural Romanticism that blends several styles, including Gothic, Neo-Manueline, Neo-Islamic, and Neo-Renaissance. The tour includesa delicious traditional pastry, such as an egg-filled pastry travesseiro or the tart-like queijada,a final sweet treat before the trip back to Lisbon and drop-off at the Lisbon city center.
Inclusions for Easter Trip: Sintra Small-Group Tour With Cabo Da Roca And Cascais From Lisbon
- Meeting Point : Restauradores Square and Marques de Pombal (Lisbon area)
- Drop-off at Lisbon city center (Restauradores Square )
- Local and informal guide/driver
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned MiniBus (16-seater)
- Entrance fee and guided visit inside Quinta da Regaleira
- Local pastry (travesseiro or queijada)
Exclusions for Easter Trip: Sintra Small-Group Tour With Cabo Da Roca And Cascais From Lisbon
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fee at Pena Palace
- Food (including meals) and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Minimum of 2 people and maximum of 8 people per booking: there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Day Portugal Tour from Lisbon: Ftima, Sintra, vora, Cascais and Estoril Coast
- Lisbon Airport Private Departure Transfer
- Private Obidos Sightseeing Trip
- Private Tour: Lisbon Football Experience
- Private Tour: Hidden Treasures of Lisbon
- vora and Estremoz Private Day Tour from Lisbon
- Private Full-Day Ftima and Western Region Tour from Lisbon
- Giraldo Square and City Center Walking Tour of vora