Eat Drink And Experience Philly Walking Tour - Philadelphia
OverviewArt, history, culture, diversity and of course food and beer capture the essence of Philly on this epic journey through our citys great neighborhoods! From Jewish delis to Italian markets, churches, cemeteries, public art, and local craft beer, this tour gives you a slice of the real Philly. See the iconic landmarks that shaped America before tapping into Philly's legendary beer scene on this total Philly adventure.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- All entrance fees included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Discover the diversity of Philly in the best way possible local style! Youll start your tour exploring the ever-colorful South Street, then into the Bella Vista neighborhood for a glimpse of some beautiful mosaics. From there, well hit up the oh-so-tempting tastes of the famous Italian market-the oldest and largest everyday open-air market in America.It is one of Phillys must-see attractions as you wander past the myriad of local stores carrying everything from cheese to chocolate, as well as the citys best bakeries.
We'll continue this tour with Philadelphias Magic Gardens, which showcases the mosaic art of Isaiah Zagar.
From there, discover Phillys eclectic and dynamic South Street, as well as one of the countrys most historic neighborhoods, Queen Village. If youre hungry, youll have a chance to pick up some lunch and rest your feet. Your guide will have plenty of great recommendations.
On the next part or your journey, youll visit those unmissable Philly sights. Youll gather at the Philly Tour Hub, where you'll meet your second guide of the day (or possibly continue on with your first guide). From there, well weave through the charming back alleys of Old City, and down the oldest continuously occupied residential street in the country.
You'll get some great views of the site of Ben Franklin's home as the tour continues through Phillys Historic District. Past Franklin Court, youll be greeted with views of Independence Mall, the National Constitution Center, and the U.S. Mint. Well also pass the Liberty Bell, where we might get a chance to go inside for pictures. Then off to Washington Square for stories of William Penn and possibly visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. We continue through Independence National Park and the must-see front yard of Independence Hall, sight of the signing of the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution.
In our opinion, there are few better ways to get to know a city than over a beer with a local. You'll meet your beer guide (or potentially continue on with one of your original guides!) at City Hall just as locals are finishing up their workday.
Well have the option to visit the oldest continuously operating bar in Philadelphia, a classic dive bar, an Irish pub with local flair, a modern beer caf, and many other neighborhood bars and pubs. At each location, we'll talk about the history of these bars and why they are so popular.
One drink at each bar is included with the tour, as well as a pub or street snack. And the bars we visit all have one thing in common: a taste for Philadelphia's local craft beers and breweries!
After happy hour, end your Philadelphia tour at the tour's final pub. From there youll be able to continue on your own Philly beer journey, grab some dinner at one of Philadelphia's many great restaurants nearby, or head straight back to your new favorite Philadelphia pub.
Inclusions for Eat Drink And Experience Philly Walking Tour
- Local English-speaking guide, Some food samples, Admission to the mosaic gallery, Public transportation during the tour, Admission to various historic sights, 4 beers, 1 snack
Exclusions for Eat Drink And Experience Philly Walking Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 21 years
A maximum of 12 people per tour
Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Haunted Pub Crawl
- VIP Taste of Passyunk Avenue Dinner Tour
- Chestnut Hill Ultimate Foodie Walking Tour
- Taste of the Italian Market Tour
- The Undercover Unit Presents The Seance
- One Liberty Observation Deck Philadelphia: Sun and Stars Pass
- Taste of East Passyunk Avenue Lunch Tour
- Philly Nightmare Before Christmas Tavern Tour