Venice is not only internationally famed for its exceptionally picturesque canals, and bridges, but also years of cultural heritage. Among that is their cuisine tradition, and it is a lot more than just pizzas, and pasta!
The popular diet of Venetian include polenta, risotto, and fish, and you will try all of the mentioned on this tour. Each of the stops is well known among locals for some particular dishes, and along with your local foodie, you will not only learn about the legends behind of the food, the bar, the restaurant, but also some histories about the area as well.
There are 8 stops on this tour with plenty of food to make sure you do not need breakfast nor dinner. You will start your day with some coffee as the Italians do. Venice has a tradition that goes a long way back in time in making tasty pastries, and you will get to try some of the heavenly delicious pastries that the Venetian has to offer.
After your sweet tooth has been satisfied, stroll through some wine bars and savor typical Venetian drinks accompanied by the famous Cicchetti. Try 5-6 different types of fish and learn how each dish is created. Even if Venice is known for seafood dishes, there are some delicious local cured meat that you have to try too!
Then go to the backstreet, visit the oldest bar, find out where the famous lover in history used to frequent and of course try their signature dish. After that, crawl your way to get some traditional Venetian cookies and learn why they are so good, and the tour will end with some authentic gelato!
During this gelato stop, the guide will explain how to identify good quality gelato shops even in the middle of a touristy place. The wonderful foods provided on the tour are all in the season to make sure all of our clients try the freshest recipes.
(On Tuesday morning, and Saturday afternoon tour, there is a possibility that there would be no risotto, but we will replace it with another local favorite or dish of the day!)
- There are 8 food stops on this tour all are either award winning, or top-rated by the locals
- At least 13 different tastings with at least 5 different seafood dishes
- Historical sites of Venice legends and tales along the way on our food tours
- Semi-private groups (maximum 8 people) for an authentic and intimate experience
- An expert local foodie to guide you through different stories and recipes
- A perfect activity for those who want to enjoy the great food while in Venice to make your experience complete