Eat Like A Roman In Testaccio - Rome
OverviewWhen in Rome, eat like the Romans do! Discover the heart of Romes food culture in the area where the "cucina Romana" was born and join a local who will share with you the tastes of their city, the Italian culinary traditions that are an important part of everyday life and take you to the best places to try gourmet delicacies and staple Roman dishes. See just how passionate Romans are about their food as you wander through markets and discover the seasonal produce and delicious ingredients that are staples of Romes cuisine, then taste the dishes that the city is renowned for! With a local by your side, youll discover the passion that goes in to every dish, and get a taste of the culinary culture of this gourmet city.
Know More about this tourWHAT YOU'LL DO
Join a like-minded local and enjoy eating your way around Romes historic area of Testaccio, the birth place of the cucina Romana.
Start the day with an espresso or a Caff macchiato at a locals' favourite pasticceria where you will experience the hustle and bustle of Romans coming in for their daily coffee and pastry. You will then join your local at one of their favourite bars to enjoy a classic aperitivo to whet your appetite, taste some local cheese and deli meats, sip on an Aperol Spritz and feel like a local!
Follow your local and wander through the neighbourhood, stopping at the classic Testaccio market where you will sample classic Roman street food and seasonal delicacies and try a local craft beer.
Get some time to explore the Testaccio market in its new location and browse the stalls selling the freshest, in season produce and learn about Romes culinary culture of using in season, simple ingredients to create incredible dishes.
And of course, you could not end the experience without indulging in some delicious gelato from one of the neighbourhood's best gelaterias.
- Join a local to discover Romes incredible food culture and taste classic Roman dishes and produce
- Explore the Testaccio neighbourhood where the "cucina Romana" originates and soak up the culinary culture and history
- Enjoy a classic aperitivo just like the locals do
- Visit the Testaccio Market, one of Rome's favouritemarkets and taste some Roman classic foods
- Sample 7-8 Roman dishes such as suppl (risotto balls) pizza al taglio, focaccia, cheeses, salami, carciofo alla giudia (fried artichoke), seasonal foods and gelato
Inclusions for Eat Like A Roman In Testaccio
- * Private and personalised experience, * 4 hours with a Local Host, * 7-8 tastings of various Roman specialities, * A coffee and a craft beer or a soft drink, * Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
Exclusions for Eat Like A Roman In Testaccio
- * Food and drinks additional to the ones included in the experience* Tickets to any attractions* Transportation costs* Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Well be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, interests and the food you love so we can assign a like-minded local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest a few trattoria options and agree a meeting time and place.
Although you will enjoy a meal at a great trattoria, your Local Host will also help you with suggestions to discover other great places to eat & drink and suggest local spots that you wont find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Gladiator of Ancient Rome - semi private tour
- Small Group Tour of Colosseum With Dungeons
- Colosseum restricted areas and Dungeons Small Group Tour
- Ancient Rome Semi Private Tour with Access from the Gladiator entrance
- Segway Tour Villa Borghese
- James Bond Spectre Tour through Rome
- Wifi everywhere in Rome
- Va, pensiero: the best of Verdi in a virtual tour experience