Accompany a Local Host who knows where to locate the best gastro hangouts in Rome and devour the authentic cuisine together. Become familiar with the best neighbourhood bars, restaurants and eateries where locals gather to dine the Italian way. Begin your journey by strolling through Romes historic Testaccio,neighbourhood birthplace of the Cucina Romana - Roman Cuisine. Here youll see the locals seeking out the finest seasonal produce bursting from the overpacked market stalls, which they will take home and prepare in the traditional fashion. Familiarise yourself with some of the most famous Roman ingredients, such as carciofi (artichokes), puntarella (a leafy green vegetable) and visciole (peculiar cherries) when in season. Your Local Host will introduce you to a number of eateries from the notorious to the notably local. Youll be sure to taste an authentic Italian pizza al trancio and perhaps a panino con porchetta - an aromatic combo of crusty bread, fresh herbs and succulent juicy pork which has satisfied the appetite of Romans of all ages for centuries. For vegetarians, there are delicious portions of battered seasonal vegetables available. If the weathers hot, your Local will recommend the best gelatos in the neighbourhood. Stop for a cheeky beer from one of the many microbreweries, and if you need a boost call in to one of the local cafes. Here you can learn more about Italian coffee culture over a full-bodied espresso.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Duration: 4 Hrs
Departure Time :
Your meeting time is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host.
Departure Details :
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the s.. read more
Cancellation Policy : Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
OverviewWhen in Rome, eat like the Romans do! Discover the heart of Romes food culture in the area where the "cucina Romana" was born and join a local who will share with you the tastes of their city, the Italian culinary traditions that are an important part of everyday life and take you to the best places to try gourmet delicacies and staple Roman dishes. See just how passionate Romans are about their food as you wander through markets and discover the seasonal produce and delicious ingredients that are staples of Romes cuisine, then taste the dishes that the city is renowned for! With a local by your side, youll discover the passion that goes in to every dish, and get a taste of the culinary culture of this gourmet city.
Know More about this tour
- * Private and personalised experience, * 4 hours with a Local Host, * 7-8 tastings of various Roman specialities, * A coffee and a craft beer or a soft drink, * Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
- * Food and drinks additional to the ones included in the experience* Tickets to any attractions* Transportation costs* Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Well be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, interests and the food you love so we can assign a like-minded local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest a few trattoria options and agree a meeting time and place.
Although you will enjoy a meal at a great trattoria, your Local Host will also help you with suggestions to discover other great places to eat & drink and suggest local spots that you wont find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
You Might Also Like
- Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St Peters, Sistine Chapel, Small-Group Upgrade Option
- Rome Combo: Skip-the-Line Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peters Basilica and Colosseum Walking Tour
- Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and Colosseum Half-Day Walking Tour
- Skip the Line: Crypts and Roman Catacombs Small-Group Walking Tour
- Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour: Underground Chambers and Arena
- Vatican for Kids Private Tour
- Priority First Early Entrance: Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums Ticket
- Rome in a Day: Vatican and Colosseum with Skip the Line