Day 1: ARRIVAL IN QUITO CITY
Transfer In not included. Acclimation day. Welcome briefing at hotel
Day 2: Cotopaxi - Insilivi (B,L)
TREKKING IN ISINLIVI
Trekking time: 2 hours on flat terrain around Limpiopungo lagoon, elevation: 12,631 ft
Day 3: Trekking Insilivi - Chugchilan (B,L,D)
TREKKING THROUGH THE TOACHI CANYON TO CHUGCHILAN
Trekking time: 2 hours downhill from 10,810 ft. to the Toachi River at 9,500 ft and then 2 hours uphill to Chugchiln at 10,498 ft. Total steps:25,481
Day 4: Trekking Chugchilan - Quilotoa (B,L,D)
CHUGCHILAN TO QUILOTOA
Hiking adventure for 11 km (6,9 miles) on small trails
Day 5: Trekking to the Quilotoa Crater lake (B)
TREKKING TO THE QUILOTOA CRATER LAKE
Hike down to the base of the crater for 1.2 km (0,75 miles)
Day 6: Hiking Chimborazo - Baos (B,L)
CHIMBORAZO HIGHEST VOLCANO AND BAOS HOT SPRING
Trekking time: 1.5 hours uphill from 15,748 ft. to 16,732 ft. and then 45 minutes downhill same way back. Total steps: 14,974
Day 7: Quito (B)
HIKE TO THE ROAD OF WATERFALLS AND RETURN TO QUITO
The first stop will be at the Brides Veil waterfall, where we will take the Tarabita (cable car) to get across the Pastaza River. Then we will hike down for one hour to the Pailon del Diablo waterfall, the second highest in Ecuador.
Day 8: Quito - Departure (B)
END OF SERVICES. Transfer Out not included
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Duration: 8 Days
Departure Details :
Pick up from Hotel
Return Details :
Dropp Of at Hotel
Cancellation Policy : This activity is non-refundable
OverviewTrek in the Ecuadorian Andes while you discover a magic world of stunning landscapes, rural hidden villages, local indigenous communities and massive volcanoes. These features and more come together to shape the famous AVENUE OF VOLCANOES in the Ecuadorian highlands. This trekking adventure through the narrow trails used by the local mountain people will take you deep into the heart of the Andean culture, enabling you to experience the local way of living. Trek for 3 days to reach QUILOTOA volcano, hike down the base of the Quilotoa crater-lake and swim in the volcanic waters. Hike up to the 5000m glacier of CHIMBORAZO highest volcano in Ecuador. Discover legends and secrets of the Gods' volcanoes through the local knowledge of the people"Unique Experiences:"Kayak inside Quilotoa crater lake and discover the hidden activity of this mythical volcanoAdmire the stunning glacier of the highest summit measured from the centre of the world
Know More about this tour
Day 1: ARRIVAL IN QUITO CITY
- Transportation: Private and comfortable land transportation
- Accommodation based on double occupancy:: 3 or 4-star hotel in Quito, 3 or 4-stars eco-hotel in Isinlivi, hostel in Chugchilan, hostel in Quilotoa, 5-star Andean lodge in Chimborazo, 3 or 4-star hotel in Baos.
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 dinners
- Activities: Trekking in Isinlivi, 3-day trekking to Chugchilan and Quilotoa, hiking to the Quilotoa crater lake, hiking to the glaciers of Chimborazo highest volcano in Ecuador, watch vicuas (camel similar to llama or alpaca), hiking the road of waterfall in Baos, soak in volcanic hot springs, cable-car ride in Baos, hike to Pailon del Diablo waterfall, salsa lesson, cultural experience with the local people, Pujili indigenous authentic market.
- Gear: Hiking sticks.
- Trip Leader: Certified EPL expert English-speaking adventure trip leader and local guides
- My Own Room supplement: USD $495
- Airport transfer (international flights)
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Meals not described in the itinerary - estimated budget USD $120 USD
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is our intention to adhere to the itinerary described; however, due to our travel style, on occasions it may be necessary or desirable to make small changes. Weather conditions and unpredictable local circumstances may lead us to make alterations to the route and/or travel times. Hotels and flight schedules might change according to availability. Any mention to specific wildlife in the itinerary or trip details is not a guarantee that it will be seen during the trip.
On Day 2, 5, 6 and 7 from 2 to 3 hours a day.
On Day 3 and 4 no driving.
Pichincha, Cotopaxi, Pastaza, Tungurahua, Chimborazo.
All Inter-Andean Valleys and Andes mountains, cloud forest in Sangay and Llanganates National Park and canyons.
3 to 6 hours
From 5100 to 1600 m (16,732 to 5,249 ft)
Day 15-34C / 59-93F - Night 12-17C / 53-62F
Moderate to challenge. This program will run from the high Andean Mountains to the tropical cloud forest of the Amazon, which involves trekking for 4 to 5 hours a day along canyons and volcanoes.
All prices are based on double-occupancy. If you are travelling solo, you will be matched with another participant of your same gender. If you prefer to have a single room, please contact AJ prior to your departure to arrange your accommodation at an extra cost.
Travelling with Adventure Journeys you will have the possibility to experience and taste local food and snacks. Your guide will help you identify typical food and suggest the best places to enjoy it. Some meals are not included in order to give you some flexibility about where, what and with whom to eat. You have the option to share these meals with the group, however there is no obligation to do this. If you have any allergies or food restrictions, please inform AJ prior to your departure.
YOUR TRIP LEADERS AND GUIDES
All Adventure Journeys guides and trip leaders are highly experienced, licensed to operate in Ecuador and certified as Wilderness Adventure First Aid responders. We always carry a complete first aid kit in our trips. In some location and for some activities, local guides join the trip leaders to provide an added service. In the Galapagos Islands, minimum 4 participants for the AJ trip leader service are required.
SUSTAINABLE ECO AND CULTURAL TOURISM
Clients receive interpretation and education about the ecology and conservation of the Andes, Amazon Rainforest, and Galapagos Islands, and learn about the factors that threaten it. We aim to promote long-term conservation of both local people cultural identity and the environment. We transport out and recycle all non-organic garbage and we prefer to work with local suppliers. Your visit will encourage the local communities to support responsible eco-tourism as a sustainable alternative for their living.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Tour: Quito Historical Center, Equator Line and Pululahua Crater
- Quito City Tour Hop-On Hop-Off
- Quito City Tour Including Telefrico
- Private Tour of Historic Quito, Ecuador and Mitad del Mundo
- Half Day Quito City Tour
- Cotopaxi Volcano Excursion from Quito
- Quito by Night with Optional Dinner
- Old Town Quito Sightseeing and Food Walking Tour