Edinburgh City Tour By Glass-Roofed Convertible Mini-Coach
OverviewExplore Edinburgh's UNESCO World Heritage Center on a 50-minute, hop-on-hop-off,small group tour with an audio guide and driver in a glass roofed, convertible mini-coach. Hear tales from the city's fascinating history and discoverEdinburgh Castle, the Grassmarket, and many more of the Scottish capital's top attractions.
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Fully narrated tour
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
Know More about this tour
Hop aboard this Edinburgh bus tour at Waterloo Place in Central Edinburgh. From here, youtravel along Princes Street with a small group of 16 passengers or fewer, listen as the audio-guide provides insight into the history of Edinburgh Castle perched above the glorious Princes Street Gardens.
Head to the lively Grassmarket, a place that historically functioned both as a market place and a notorious place of execution and is today filled with bars and restaurants. Learn the charming story of Greyfriars Bobby, Edinburghs most famous dog, before traveling around Edinburghs central university area where, among the many stunning buildings you can spot some of the places that inspired the Harry Potter books.
After the famous Royal Mile, venture past the National Gallery and down into the New Town to learn about the Scottish pioneers who lived in the area's handsome Georgian buildings.
Next, head off the beaten track across the Dean Bridge and into Edinburgh's quaint Dean Village. This residential zone was once a separate village and is packed full of charming cobbled lanes. Exploring this area, you'll get a view of Stewart's Melville College and the Galleries of Modern Art. It's here you learn more about the city as a film location.
Back towards the city center, travel along George Street and Queen Street before passing Calton Hill and heading down to the foot of Arthurs Seat, site of Holyrood Palace. The last leg of the journey takes you through the Canongate, past the John Knox House and Scottish Storytelling Centre before heading back to Waterloo Place for the end of the tour.
Inclusions for Edinburgh City Tour By Glass-Roofed Convertible Mini-Coach
- Small-group tour
- Transport by glass roofed convertible mini-coach
- Audio-guide commentary describing Edinburgh from a local's perspective
Exclusions for Edinburgh City Tour By Glass-Roofed Convertible Mini-Coach
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 5 years
Audio guide is in English only
Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
All departures guaranteed to operate
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Alnwick Castle and the Scottish Borders Day Trip from Edinburgh
- Hadrian's Wall, Roman Britain and the Scottish Borders
- Edinburgh Airport to Edinburgh Hotel Transfers
- 3-Day Budget Isle of Skye and the Highlands Tour from Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Tour in Private Minibus
- Shore Excursion: Doune Castle, the Trossachs and Loch Lomond in a Private Minibus from Edinburgh
- 2-Day Tour to the Highlands in a Private Minibus from Edinburgh - Islands and the West Coast
- Private Half-Day Tour in a Mini around the City of Edinburgh