OverviewThis guided walk with our unique guide, Stuart Usher, will entertain and enthrall you. His family have historic connections with Edinburgh (his great-great Uncle, Andrew Usher, donated the magnificent Usher Hall to the city) and his deep knowledge of the cultural, historical and architectural aspects of the city means he has a unique perspective on our wonderful capital. He will show you the cultural treasures of Edinburgh, the secrets of its past and its famous characters, and he is rightly renowned for his entertaining and witty commentary.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourThe walks normally take three hours but can be modified to suit the visitor's requirements (as can the route and itinerary). Visitors will be shown the delights of Edinburgh's famous Royal Mile together with a delightful commentary from Stuart or Richard on the celebrated characters that hail from the city. People like the great historical romance author Sir Walter Scott, the inventor of the telephone Alexander Graham Bell, the creator of Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and, the original 'Jekyll and Hyde', Deacon Brodie.
In addition, your guide will speak with authority on the other world famous people associated with Edinburgh such as Scotland's national bard, the great Robert Burns, the philosopher, David Hume, and the founder of modern economics, Adam Smith. Most of the major historical sites of interest will be covered. Moreover, you will visit the beautiful St Giles Cathedral.
You will also visit some of Edinburgh's famous 'closes', including those associated with some of the city's famous sons such as David Hume and Deacon Brodie.
There will be plenty of excitement and fun, as well as plenty of opportunities to take some memorable photographs of the best-known landmarks of Scotland's glorious and ancient capital city!
Inclusions for Edinburgh Guided Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Small group (maximum 10 participants)
Exclusions for Edinburgh Guided Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children under 12 are free
Children 12-16 pay 75%
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Monday - Friday tours hosted by Stuart Usher
Saturday and Sunday tours hosted by Richard Usher
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.