OverviewTake a 2-hour guided Harry Potter walking tour for a magical journey through all things wizarding in Edinburgh. See where JK Rowling was inspired to create her iconic characters, and visit some of the film sites and wizarding locations in the Harry Potter universe. See the entrance to Hogwarts, the original Diagon Alley, and Edinburgh Castle. Tour group size is a maximum of 35 people.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Popular choice with kids
Know More about this tour
Meet your professional guide at 9am near the entrance to The Museum on the Mound to begin your walking tour. A must for all Harry Potter fans, you'll walk the same streets as Harry and his friends and visit the locations that proved such an inspiration for Rowling. With your guide, take a magical journey into the wizarding world and engage on trivia and Harry Potter knowledge as you seek out film locations and other notable sites. Learn the history of the series and of Edinburgh itself as you walk these famous streets.
Marvel at the entrance to the fictional Hogwarts, invisible to the Muggle world, and wander the inspirational winding streets of Old Town Edinburgh to the spot where JK Rowling wrote the books. Arriving at Castlehill, you'll wander through Edinburgh to see the burial ground of 'he who must not be named.' Then visit the original Diagon Alley and the buildings that inspired Hogwarts itself. See all the dark corners and sunlit streets that inspired JK Rowling to create the magical world of Harry Potter. See the historic Royal Mile, the beautiful Edinburgh Castle, and the bustling shopping districts of Princes Street and Edinburgh Waverley. Your guide will be happy to provide recommendations for exploring the city further, with lots of great tips and tricks. Tour ends at approximately 1pm in Old Town's Royal Mile.
Comfortable shoes and weather appropriate clothing are recommended.
Inclusions for Edinburgh Harry Potter Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Edinburgh Harry Potter Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
There is approximately 1 and 1/4 miles (2km) walking, at an easy pace
The tour is wheelchair accessible, although there are many hills
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.