Edinburgh Haunted Walking Tour: Mysteries, Murder And Legends
OverviewSee Edinburghs shady side. The gruesome and the glorious. The ghostly and the ghastly. This 2-hour tour is a wickedly entertaining walk on the wild and dark side of the Scottish capital. Explore the spots where murders, monsters and mayhem have become things of legend, and visit Old Calton Burial Ground or Canongate Kirkyard, two of Edinburghs most chilling cemeteries. Throughout the tour, hear real-life tales of witches, body-snatchers, vampires, cannibals and more from your entertaining guide.
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide on Edinburghs Royal Mile, the main thoroughfare of the Old Town, and then set off on foot to begin your walking tour of the citys shade side. Edinburgh is crawling with odd activity, and there are tales of murderers, vampires, monsters and even cannibals that locals nervously recall to each other.
Follow your guide through dark courtyards and eerie alleys, and hear spine-chilling stories of executions, murders, torture, ghosts and witchcraft. Then, make for the North Bridge, with its own formidable history, before climbing Calton Hill.
Feel the hair on the back of your neck stand on end as your guide tells real-life tales of gore and gruesomeness, including stories about the witch trials that once took place here. Discover how the site is still used today for pagan rituals such as the Edinburgh Beltane Fire Festival, and drink in 360-degree views of the citys skyline.
Then, continue to the Old Calton Burial Ground, one of Edinburghs chilling cemeteries. See the imposing mausoleum that marks the final resting place of David Hume, who is said to have made a deal with the devil, and perhaps hear of the infamous body snatchers Burke and Hare. Alternatively, visit the Canongate Kirkyard cemetery, which dates back to the 17th century. Rest assured, there is no staged gimmickry, monster masks or made-up stories on this tour.
After roughly two hours, your tour concludes at a local pub near the Royal Mile, where you can purchase a pint of beer or a dram of whisky to help cool your nerves after this entertaining and intriguing tour (own expense).
Inclusions for Edinburgh Haunted Walking Tour: Mysteries, Murder And Legends
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Edinburgh Haunted Walking Tour: Mysteries, Murder And Legends
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Alnwick Castle and the Scottish Borders Day Trip from Edinburgh
- Hadrian's Wall, Roman Britain and the Scottish Borders
- Edinburgh Airport to Edinburgh Hotel Transfers
- 3-Day Budget Isle of Skye and the Highlands Tour from Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Tour in Private Minibus
- Shore Excursion: Doune Castle, the Trossachs and Loch Lomond in a Private Minibus from Edinburgh
- 2-Day Tour to the Highlands in a Private Minibus from Edinburgh - Islands and the West Coast
- Private Half-Day Tour in a Mini around the City of Edinburgh