OverviewMaximize your time in Scotland's capital with an Edinburgh Super Saver - a combination of two tours at a discounted price. First, follow in the footsteps of Scottish icons like Mary, Queen of Scots and Bonnie Prince Charlie as you unravel the truths and myths of Edinburghs royal history. Set out on a 90-minute walking tour of the UNESCO-listed Old Town, spot the royal sites along Canongate and admire the grand Palace of Holyroodhouse, The Queens official residence in Scotland (optional).Then, in the afternoon, take a1.5-hour tour of Edinburghs underground vaults that is sure to make your spine tingle. With a ghoulish guide, youll descend into the darkened depths of the Blair Street Vaults and hear vivid retellings of torture, murder and body snatching
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Royal Edinburgh History Experience (11am, 90 mins)
Meet your guide in central Edinburgh and set out to explore the historic streets and UNESCO-listed monuments of the Old Town. Stroll along the famous Royal Mile and Canongate, admire the historic architecture and see a different side to the city as you wander the ancient alleyways and hidden closes that surround the royal palace. Along the way, enjoy the age-old Scottish tradition of storytelling as your guide recounts tales of royal ceremonies, scandals and bloody battles, bringing history to life right before your eyes. Walk the streets where Bonnie Prince Charlie led rebellious Jacobites in revolt and see the local haunts where infamous thief Deacon Brodie led his double life. Arrive at the magnificent Palace of Holyroodhouse, the official residence of The Queen in Scotland, where youll learn the dramatic history of the short reign of Mary, Queen of Scots and hear about the annual visits of Her Majesty The Queen. Finally, bid your guide farewell and explore the Palace of Holyroodhouse independently (included admission optional). Marvel over the opulent state apartments, admire the exquisite royal furnishings and artworks, and visit the romantic ruins of the 12th century Holyrood Abbey.
Ghostly Underground Vaults History Tour (3pm, 75 mins)
This afternoon, youll greet your guide on the High Street, beside St. Giles High Kirk. Following your cloaked guide, youll weave your wicked way through the shadow-shrouded streets of Edinburghs Old Tower and gain insight into Edinburghs dark history. After the spooky scene has been established, descend to the vaults beneath Blair Street and feel a morbid chill permeate the air. Tentatively wander through darkened passages and hear gruesome tales of torture, murder and bodysnatching. Ghost stories galore, youll be sensitive to a cold breath on the back of your neck and the flicker of a candle in the distance. After 1.5 hours of exploration, return to daylight and bid your guide farewell.
Inclusions for Edinburgh Super Saver: Royal Edinburgh History Experience And Ghostly Underground Vaults History Tour
- Royal Edinburgh History Experience
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Entry to the Palace of Holyroodhouse (if selected during booking process)
- Ghostly Underground Vaults History Tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Edinburgh Super Saver: Royal Edinburgh History Experience And Ghostly Underground Vaults History Tour
- Royal Edinburgh History Experience / Ghostly Underground Vaults History Tour
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
No children under the age of 5
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.