Edinburgh Super Saver: Underground Vaults Walking Tour And Blair Street Underground Vaults Evening Walking Tour
OverviewEnhance your experience of Edinburgh with an Edinburgh Super Saver - a combination of two tours at a discounted price. First,discover the Edinburgh Vaults aka South Bridge Vaults 18th-century underground chambers that lie far below the city. On this underground walking tour with an entertaining and informative guide, hear tales of this dark and almost-forgotten place built below one of Edinburghs busiest thoroughfares. Youll see evidence of excavated storage spaces, human habitation, taverns with wine vaults and more! Next, this 1.5-hour ghost tour perfect for those fascinated by the supernatural takes you to two of Edinburghs most haunted locations. Under the cloak of darkness, youll descend to the Blair Street vaults to explore a shadow-shrouded underground world. Visit Cannongate Kirkyard, the final resting place of famous characters, and listen to gruesome tales of torture, cannibalism and murder.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Family friendly
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tour
Underground Vaults Walking Tour in Edinburgh (75 mins, 2pm & 4pm)
Far below Edinburghs bustling city streets there lie the Edinburgh Vaults a series of dark chambers formed under the 19 arches of the South Bridge in the late 18th century. Set out on a 75-minute walking tour of underground Edinburgh with a professional guide and learn about this subterranean expansion of historic Old Town. As your guide sheds light on the fireplaces, wine vaults and artifacts in the excavated vaults, hear about the 100 or so businesses including taverns and trades that once thrived at the South Bridge and used the concealed space for their workshops and merchandise. Listen to haunting tales of Infirmary Street, the former site of Edinburgh's medical school, where it is said that the notorious duo, Burke and Hare, sold the bodies of their murdered victims. Search for signs of human habitation when city residents reportedly lived in, then vacated, the cavern-like vaults, and imagine life underground before you breathe fresh air again!
Blair Street Underground Vaults Evening Walking Tour in Edinburgh (90 mins, 7:30pm or 8:30pm)
At an evening departure time to suit your schedule, youll greet your guide on the High Street, beside St. Giles High Kirk. Your costumed guide will immediately launch into to terrifying tales to set the scene. First, youll descend to the Blair Street vaults, subterranean tunnels renowned for the restless souls that reside there. As you explore the narrow passageways, youll hear tales of cannibals, body snatchers, and pacts made with the devils: the impenetrable darkness and chilling temperature ensures a spine-tingling atmosphere. After exploring the vaults, youll weave your way to Cannongate Kirkyard, a vast cemetery home to famous Scottish figures. Hear troubling tales of James Douglas, the infamous Cannongate cannibal, and keep your eyes peeled for specters wandering in the darkness. Bid your guide farewell at a central Edinburgh spot at the end of your tour.
Inclusions for Edinburgh Super Saver: Underground Vaults Walking Tour And Blair Street Underground Vaults Evening Walking Tour
- Underground Vaults Walking Tour in Edinburgh
- Walking tour
- Local guide
- Blair Street Underground Vaults Evening Walking Tour,
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Visit to Canongate Graveyard
Exclusions for Edinburgh Super Saver: Underground Vaults Walking Tour And Blair Street Underground Vaults Evening Walking Tour
- Underground Vaults Walking Tour in Edinburgh
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Blair Street Underground Vaults Evening Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for child aged 8 and under
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Whisky and Folklore, four single malt scotch whiskys and local tales
- Edinburgh's Hidden Treasures Black Taxi Tour
- Edinburgh Castle Walking Tour Complete With Skip-The-Line Entry
- Loch Ness, Glencoe & The Highlands Tour From Edinburgh
- The Royal Military Tattoo, Edinburgh City Tour, Rosslyn Chapel Tour and Dinner from Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Centre and St Andrews Private Driving Day Tour
- Edinburgh City Centre Private Driving Tour including Edinburgh Castle & Rosslyn Chapel
- The Alternative Pub Crawl