Egnazia, Polignano A Mare And Monopoli - BariWrite a Review
Walk through the three historical sites in Bari with this tour that takes you to an important city for the Messapian and Roman civilization, Egnazia, the hill of Selva di Fasano to enjoy fresh air and to admire the panoramic view and then to Monopoli to admire the castle, some baroque buildings such as the Cathedral, Palmieri Palace, the beautiful rose window of S. Domenico church. Conclude your trip with a visit to Polignano a Mare, the birthplace of the world famous singer Domenico Modugno.
- Egnazia (called also Egnathia, Egnatia, Gnatia, Gnazia, Gnathia depending on the period: Messapian, Hellenistic or Roman) was an important city for the Messapian and Roman civilization. Nowadays, it's possible to visit the archeological park (with the Messapian walls, the necropolis, the remains of the Roman city, the Traian Way, etc. ), the museum (with some wonderfull finds such as the beautiful marble head of Attis and a mosaic representing the Three Graces), the roman port.
- From Egnazia (located in Savelletri) it's possible to go up on the hill of Selva di Fasano to ejnoy fresh air and to admire the panoramic view.
- In Monopoli we will see the castle, some baroque building such as the Cathedral, Palmieri Palace, the beautiful rose window of S. Domenico church.
- Polignano a Mare (the birthplace of the world famous singer Domenico Modugno) with its lively and pictoresque city center, the terraces offering breathtaking views on the Adriatic sea and the jagged coastline, the Traian Way, lama Monachile.
Know More about this tour
Depending on your interest we can visit Bari (with the old town and the Murat district); Alberobello (and its trulli Unesco site), Locorotondo (the white town with circular plant famous for its wine), Martina Franca (with its barocco architecture), Castellana Grotte (with stalactites and stalagmites forming amazing caves with breathtaking view), Cisternino (with its butcher's shops and trattorias), Montalbano dolmen (pre-classical era megalithic funeral monument), Ostuni (the white city up on a hill overlooking the seaside), Conversano (with its castel, Cathedral, the Monastery of S. Benedetto, etc. ), Brindisi, etc.
I can also organize a boat trip and/or a fishing excursion, a visit to a winery, some tipycal food producer, a masseria (tipycal farmouse), a century old olive grove, etc.
You can enjoy a fish menu meal in a restaurant: from the most exclusive one to a kiosk near the seaside where it's possible to taste also sea urchins.
Inclusions for Egnazia, Polignano A Mare And Monopoli
- Guided visit (up to 6 hours) in English language
Exclusions for Egnazia, Polignano A Mare And Monopoli
- Extra hours
- Meal and/or tipycal food tasting
- entrance ticket at Egnazia: 3 Eur museum and park, 2 eur park or museum (50% reduction for you people from 18 to 25 years old; free of charge for people under 18 years old or over 65 years old)
- Boat trip and/or fishing excursion: to be quoted
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 30 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 30 days To 60 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- If you cancel between 60 days To 90 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.