Ek Balam, Rio Lagartos, Tequila Production And Tequila Factory Private Tour From CancunWrite a Review
OverviewFlamingo flocks and pink lakes on Rio Lagartos, mysteries of the ancient Mayans at one of the most incredible Mayan cities - Ek Balam, real Mexican flavor in a tequila factory. This private unique tour has it all, and if it is was not enough - lunch is also included!
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tour
This day trip to the northern edge of the Yucatan Peninsula combines archaeological and natural wonders, topped off with a little tequila. Be ready in your hotel lobby at 7am for pickup in your private, air-conditioned minivan. Head to Ek Balam, one of the last discovered ancient Mayan cities, which wasn't fully excavated until the 1990s and only recently opened to the public. Your historian guide will walk you through the structures of this fascinating ruin, pointing out hieroglyphs, carvings, and wall paintings. Climb the Acropolis, believed to contain the tomb of an important Mayan ruler.
Onward from Ek Balam, stop at a local tequila factory to get an up-close look at how this famous beverage is made and enjoy a tasting and lunch. Your final stop is Rio Lagartos Lagoon on the northern shore of the Yucatan, located within a nature preserve. The high content of minerals and salt color this lagoon pink. Navigate a small boat to the pink salt lake, catching glimpses of crocodiles and flamingos along the way. Once there, take a dip and cover yourself in the mineral-rich white clay, then jump into the Gulf of Mexico to wash off.
Return to your hotel by evening. Entrance fees, bottled water, hotel pickup and drop-off, and private guide are included. Please bring your own towel.
Inclusions for Ek Balam, Rio Lagartos, Tequila Production And Tequila Factory Private Tour From Cancun
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Ek Balam, Rio Lagartos, Tequila Production And Tequila Factory Private Tour From Cancun
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant rates apply provided the child does not occupy a seat
A minimum of two people per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible—please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.