El Born Quarter And Tapas Tasting Guided Tour In Barcelona
OverviewHead to El Born and explore the city quarter that dates back to the Middle Ages. Hear how people lived during that time and see some of the important landmarks. Visit the Mercat Princesa, a major gastronomic destination, and enjoy a tapas tasting session.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Led by a local guide
- Free drinks included
- Buffet lunch included
Know More about this tourEl Born was the center of life in medieval Barcelona. It was the economic and commercial heart of the city, and later one of the districts most significantly affected by war in the late 17th and early 18th centuries. On this guided tour youll learn about knightly adventures and hear medieval legends and stories about this centuries-old quarter. Enter the walls of El Born and discover its narrow and ancient streets. See where the Rec Comtal, an irrigation canal, was built in the 10th century, where the most privileged inhabitants lived, and where the most important inner buildings stood.
Next, youll head to the Mercat Princesa, an incredible gastronomic space located in a renovated building from the 14th century. Admire its articulated stone walls and arches and medieval architectural detail. At the periphery of the space around a courtyard covered with a glass dome, youll find 16 sites where you can taste culinary specialties of all kinds. The variety on offer makes the Mercat Princesa a meeting point for diverse tastes and budgets. Enjoy a tasting session that features 2 tapas, accompanied by 1 drink in this stunning space.
Inclusions for El Born Quarter And Tapas Tasting Guided Tour In Barcelona
- Food tasting (if tapas option selected)
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for El Born Quarter And Tapas Tasting Guided Tour In Barcelona
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant meals not included
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Girona and Costa Brava Private Day Trip from Barcelona
- Montserrat Tour from Barcelona Including Lunch and Wine Tasting in Oller del Mas
- Barcelona Bike Tour
- Barcelona Shore Excursion: Skip the Line Sagrada Familia, Park Guell and La Pedrera
- Barcelona 2-Hour Afternoon Electric Bike Tour
- Costa Brava Sea Kayak Tour from Barcelona