OverviewEnjoy a guided city tour of El Calafate and learn about the history, culture and people of Patagonia. Stroll through the streets of this historic town, study the unique architecture and take in magnificent views of the endemic flora and fauna. You'll also take part in birdwatching, visit an orchard and pass by archeological sites.
- All entrance fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Family friendly
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourYour guided sightseeing tour starts with a visit of downtown El Calafate where you'll stroll the streets of the historic town. You'll see the traditional buildings from the time of the pioneers and marvel at the impressive architecture. Along the way, your guide will inform you about the history of the town, its pioneers and explain about the endemic flora and fauna.
Then, head over to the Laguna Nimez Reserve located only a few feet from the coast of Lake Argentino. Here, with the use of powerful binoculars provided by the tour guide, you can participate in birdwatching.
Your next stop is at a local orchard, famous for the cultivation of strawberries, cherries and sour cherries. Learn how these fruits are cultivated with great effort and appreciate the different production techniques transmitted from one generation to another.
Your last stop is the Mirador of Virgen de la Paz lookout point. On the way, you'll pass by Cuevas del Gualichu, an archaeological site about 4.3 miles (7km) from the city, which consists of the prints of the first men who inhabited El Calafate. Once at the viewpoint, you'll take in breathtaking panoramic views of the city and the surrounding land.
Inclusions for El Calafate City Tour
- City tour
- Bilingual guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for El Calafate City Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Petrified Forest
- Perito Moreno Glacier With Safari By Boat ( Oct 2016 Up To April 2017)
- City Tour And Walicho Caves ( July To Dec)
- Nibepo Aike With Horse Riding
- Upsala Kayak Experience
- El Galpon In The Afternoon
- El Calafate 4x4 Off-Road Tour
- Full Day Tour To The Perito Moreno Glacier
- Big Ice Tour At Perito Moreno Glacier
- Full Day Tour To The Torres Del Paine National Park