El Calafate Downhill Mountain Biking AdventureWrite a Review
OverviewLet a chairlift do the hard work for you and then fly down Mt Huyliche on this guided mountain bike tour from El Calafate. Starting from the Calafate Balcony steppes, your 8-mile (13-km) descent lasts three hours with stops for nourishing snacks and explanations of what you see along the way. When youre not pedaling off to remote corners of Laguna Escondida, snap pics of Argentino Lake, the Andes mountains and aerial views of El Calafate. Mountain biking experience is not required but you should know your way around a bike.
- All necessary equipment included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tourMeet your private guide in downtown El Calafate, where youll board your minivan and take a 20-minute drive to the base of Mt Huyliche, which soars 3,445 feet (1,050 meters) above sea level.
Disembark and ride a chairlift up to Calafate Balcony. On the way up, capture jaw-dropping panoramas of the arid steppes, Argentino Lake, the Andes mountains and birds-eye views of El Calafate.
When you reach the top, walk over to a nearby sports activities center, where youll be paired with a mountain bike and receive a safety briefing. (Mountain biking experience is not required but is recommended.) Warm up your muscles and test out your bike. When youre ready, pedal off after your guide on an 8-mile descent that lasts three hours with breaks.
During your mostly downhill ride, dont forget to catch the views, including new vantage points for El Calafate and Argentino Lake, as well as snowcapped Fitz Roy, the tallest peak in Los Glaciares National Park.
Discover remote places around Laguna Escondida (Hidden Lagoon), a small lake located in the vast Hermoso Valley. Your terrain varies from dry and pebbly paths to soft and wide trails. Stop along the way for revitalizing granola or cookies, and learn about the geological sights you see from your guide, wholl also check your bike and make sure youre ready to continue.
The final leg of your route ends in a local town, where youll enjoy another snack before boarding your minivan back to El Calafate.
Inclusions for El Calafate Downhill Mountain Biking Adventure
- Mountain bike and helmet
- Snack (coffee/tea and granola bars or cookies)
- Private guide
- Transport by minivan
Exclusions for El Calafate Downhill Mountain Biking Adventure
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum age is 14 years
Maximum weight is 242 lbs (110 kg)
It is recommended that you bring sunblock and wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
You may bring your own food
Seasonal tour operating October to April
A maximum of 4 people per booking
Passport name, number, expiry, date of birth and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Petrified Forest
- Perito Moreno Glacier With Safari By Boat ( Oct 2016 Up To April 2017)
- City Tour And Walicho Caves ( July To Dec)
- Nibepo Aike With Horse Riding
- Upsala Kayak Experience
- El Galpon In The Afternoon
- El Calafate 4x4 Off-Road Tour
- Full Day Tour To The Perito Moreno Glacier
- Big Ice Tour At Perito Moreno Glacier
- Full Day Tour To The Torres Del Paine National Park