El Escorial And Valley Of The Fallen Half-Day And Madrid Segway Tour
OverviewTake this 5-hour tour of the UNESCO-listed El Escorial Monastery and the Valley of the Fallen from Madrid. Delve into the fascinating history of the El Escorial Monastery, one of the King of Spain's official residences, with your expert guide. Gaze at the mesmerizing Valley of the Fallen, a colossal monument that memorializes those killed in the Spanish Civil War.This tour is complemented with an extensive 90 minutes segway tour guided by a professional guide and visiting the most important places of Central Madrid.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Excellent value for money
- Ideal choice for families
- Led by a local guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tour
The Royal Site of San Lorenzo de El Escorial, commonly known as El Escorial, is a historical residence of the King of Spain about 45 kilometers (28 miles) northwest of the capital, Madrid. It is one of the Spanish royal sites and functions as a monastery, royal palace, museum, and school.
The Escorial comprises two architectural complexes of great historical and cultural significance: the royal monastery itself and a royal hunting lodge and monastic retreat about five kilometers away. El Escorial was, at once, a monastery and a Spanish royal palace. Originally a property of the Hieronymus monks, it is now a monastery of the Order of Saint Augustine. In 1984 UNESCO declared The Royal Seat of San Lorenzo of El Escorial a World Heritage Site. It is a popular tourist attraction, often visited by day-trippers from Madrid. The visit include the Monastery, the Cloister of the Four Evangelists, the Palace of Philip II, Pantheons of the Royal Family, the Chapter houses, and the Basilica.
The Valley of the Fallen is a Catholic basilica and a monumental memorial in the municipality of San Lorenzo de El Escorial, near Madrid, conceived by Spanish General Francisco Franco to honor and bury those who fell during the Spanish Civil War. It was claimed by Franco that the monument was meant to be a "national act of atonement" and reconciliation. Located in a beautiful valley in the Mountains of Guadarrama, this impressive work has a colossal cross over 150 meters (492 feet) high, and the Basilica and Crypt excavated in the hard rock under the mountain. This tour includes the entrance to the Valley and the visit inside the Basilica. After this visit you will return to Madrid.
Segway tour starts at 10 Escalinata St. Your guide will take you there walking from the meeting point.
Inclusions for El Escorial And Valley Of The Fallen Half-Day And Madrid Segway Tour
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)VPT list hotels only, please provide your hotel name and address in order to check the estimated pick up time or the nearest location to join us
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for El Escorial And Valley Of The Fallen Half-Day And Madrid Segway Tour
- Hotel drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.