OverviewEnjoy complimentary hotel pick-up prior to departure, and begin your morning in Escorial and Valley of the Fallen. Follow with an evening tour of panoramic Madrid visiting the most important monuments and avenues.
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourFollowing morning hotel pick-up, travel from Madrid to The Royal Site of San Lorenzo de El Escorial, commonly known as El Escorial. A historical residence of the King of Spain, it is one of the Spanish royal sites and functions as a monastery, royal palace, museum, and school. The El Escorial comprises two architectural complexes of great historical and cultural significance: the royal monastery itself and a royal hunting lodge and monastic retreat about five kilometers away. It is a popular tourist attraction, often visited by day-trippers from Madrid. The visit include the Monastery, the Cloister of the Four Evangelists, the Palace of Philip II, Pantheons of the Royal Family, the Chapterhouses and the Basilica.
The Valley of the Fallen is a Catholic basilica and a monumental memorial in the municipality of San Lorenzo de El Escorial, near Madrid. Conceived by Spanish General Francisco Franco to honor and bury those who fell during the Spanish Civil War, it was claimed by Franco that the monument was meant to be a "national act of atonement" and reconciliation. Located in a beautiful valley in the Mountains of Guadarrama, this impressive work has a colossal cross over 150 meters (492 feet) high, and the Basilica and Crypt excavated in the hard rock under the mountain. This tour includes the entrance to the Valley and the visit inside the Basilica.
By the afternoon, discover Madrid during a 2.5-hour sightseeing tour, where you will see the most important buildings, avenues and squares. Get to know the main monuments and its history, from the old Habsburg and bourbons quarters to the present modern city.
During the tour of Madrid, you will see places such as the Gran Va, Plaza de Espaa, University, Moncloa, Calle Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Puerta de Alcal, the bullring, Columbus square with a brief stop at Madrid Hard Rock Caf for a complimentary soft drink refreshment.
Board the bus after the break and continue along the Paseo de la Castellana and the Real Madrid stadium Santiago Bernabu, Plaza Castilla, fountain of Cibeles.
Inclusions for El Escorial Monastery And Madrid Sightseeing City Tour
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup from VPT hotels only
- Entrance tickets to Monasterio de El Escorial and Valley of The Fallen
Exclusions for El Escorial Monastery And Madrid Sightseeing City Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Tours must be taken on the same day
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.