OverviewDuring the 80s El Salvador suffered a civil war and east provinces suffered more during those years, for many years Morazan was only visited by soldiers or guerrila forces, many big battles took place in this area.
After the peace agreement almost all the original habitants returned to their lands and now many of them work on tourism and are happy to share their stories to visitors, and this is what makes this tour a unique experience.
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourThis tour will take you to the Eastern Region of El Salvador where most of the fighting took place during the civil war.
We will drive for approximately 4 hours to the Mozote Memorial Site (El Mozote Monument), a place to pay homage to the death of hundreds of people from that village. Arambala, a town almost abandone during the civil war.
You will have the chance to meet ex-veterans, now members of the society and meet people doing their best to make the town prosperous.
The tour also includes a visit to The War Museum where you’ll hear testimonials of the war, see canons, the illegal radio station and much more.
On route you will have beautiful views of Jiboa´s Valley. (Lunch not included)
Inclusions for El Salvador: The Peace Route Tour
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for El Salvador: The Peace Route Tour
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.