Elfin Lakes Day Hike Or Snowshoe - Vancouver
OverviewVenture through forest lined with waterfalls to the alpine where you will find magnificent views of Mt Garibaldi and Atwell Peak, which is actually a volcanic pinnacle. Not to mention breathtaking views of Howe Sound. This is a moderate hike that is great for those who have some previous aerobic conditioning and want to try a longer trail. Trail Specifications Elevation Gain: 600 m Total distance (return): 22 Kms Difficulty: Moderate Duration: 8 hours (depending on speed and breaks)
Know More about this tour
Your day starts at 7 am with us picking you and up to three other eager explorers up. Once everyone is on board, the journey up the gorgeous, winding, Sea-to-Sky highway begins. Set your sights on the waters of Howe sound as we make our way along the base of lush green mountain sides. About 40 mins later, arriving in Squamish, we will turn off the main road and start the accent up a scenic dirt road to the trail head where a quick but thorough safety briefing and gear check will be conducted.
Hiking poles and backpacks will be available, free of charge, for those who request and snowshoes will be provided if the conditions deem them necessary.
The trail begins with a number of switchbacks, as we gain elevation and climb the mountain-side. Along the way you will see waterfalls and amazing views of Mt. Garibaldi and Atwell Peak as well as lookout points for breathtaking views of Howe Sound. On the final stretch of the hike to the lakes, you will find plenty of opportunities to take in the beautiful valleys and meadows. Once at the Lakes and Hut, you will have time for your well earned packed lunch as well as some time to play, take photos, or just relax before the descent back down the same trail.
Upon completion of the hike/snowshoe your group will have the option to stop in Squamish for dinner (meals at your expense) before returning to Vancouver.
Please wear hiking boots and dress for the weather, layered clothing is highly recommended.
Inclusions for Elfin Lakes Day Hike Or Snowshoe
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Small-group tour
- Local Guide
- Food & Beverage:
- Bottled water
- Transport & Pick-up/Drop-offs:
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport by private vehicle
- Transport from Vancouver Area
- Hiking Poles
- Snowshoes (if required)
- Guide carries First Aid Kit.
Exclusions for Elfin Lakes Day Hike Or Snowshoe
- Dinner in Squamish
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Warm Layered Clothing
Water proof Jacket
Sun Glasses & Hat
Please carry any life-saving medications that you may require (Epi-pen/Puffer/Inhaler).
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Transport from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal
- Stanley Park Horse-Drawn Tours
- Private Transport from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to North or West Vancouver
- Vancouver City Tour with Vancouver Lookout Admission
- Whale-Watching Tour from Vancouver
- Private Transport from Downtown Vancouver to Rocky Mountaineer Train Station