Eltz Castle Tour From Frankfurt With Rhine River Dinner
OverviewFollow the footsteps of medieval lords and aristocrats on a tour of Eltz Castle, and then enjoy dinner on the banks of the Rhine! This must-do day trip from Frankfurt introduces you to one of Germanys best-preserved fortresses, showcasing impeccable rooms that have been left unchanged for centuries. Explore the armory room, kitchens and bedrooms while learning about the castle in its 12th-century heyday, and then relax with a dinner at a restaurant on the River Rhine.Numbers are limited to 14 on this small-group tour, ensuring you'll see all the sights with personalized attention from a guide.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Small-group tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All entrance fees included
- Dinner included
Know More about this tourLeave central Frankfurt and travel by luxury coach to the hills of Moselle River, just north of Koblenz. Your destination is Eltz Castle, a glorious medieval fortress nestled deep in the woodland atop a 230-foot (70-meter) cliff. Rising out of the forest like a fairytale palace, the castle towers over the Elzbach Valley below, and its views are said to be some of the most spectacular in Germany.
After traveling for roughly 1.5 hours, hop off your coach and head inside the castle, seeing its key sites on a walking tour. Having been left intact for some 700 years, Eltz Castle remains furnished pretty much as it always had been, so its interior is a delight to see. Admire the living and sleeping rooms, and then walk through the lavish armory room, where nearly 500 pieces of jewelry and ceremonial weapons are displayed.
Wander through the hunting room, adorned with bear rugs, and hear tales of the servants who once worked in the castle while exploring the kitchens. Learn about the Eltz family who ordered the castle to be built in the 12th century, and hear how the different branches of the family built their own towers within the castle over the following 400 years.
Return to your coach and travel back toward Frankfurt, following the scenic Rhine River valley. Stop at a riverside restaurant and sit down to enjoy a dinner featuring local delicacies and wine (drinks at own expense). Savor the delicious meal while watching the sun go down over the Rhine, and then head back to your coach for the return trip to Frankfurt.
Inclusions for Eltz Castle Tour From Frankfurt With Rhine River Dinner
- Professional guide
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Guided tour of Eltz Castle
Exclusions for Eltz Castle Tour From Frankfurt With Rhine River Dinner
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks during dinner
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Frankfurt Combo: Heidelberg Half-Day Trip and Frankfurt City Tour
- Heidelberg Half-Day Trip from Frankfurt
- Private Transfer by Luxury Car to Prague from Frankfurt
- Frankfurt Super Saver: Neuschwanstein Castle and Rothenburg Day Trip
- Atta Cave and Greifenstein Castle Tour from Frankfurt
- Four Day Christmas Delight - Leipzig, Dresden and Plauen