Embera Village Day Tour - Panama City
OverviewSpend the day stepping back in time with the Emberá tribe, deep in the tropical rainforest of Panama. You will be welcomed and immersed in their culture and allowed to interact with them, take photographs, observe traditional music and dancing and have an opportunity to purchase their beautiful handmade crafts.
- Ideal choice for families
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourWe will come to pick you up at your hotel around 8:00 AM and drive for about an hour to a boat ramp on the shore of Lake Alajuela, part of the Panama Canal watershed, where the Emberá meet us with their dugout canoe. Then we head across the lake and then upriver for about 45 minutes or so (depending on the level of the river). Along the way you have the option to stop by a beautiful waterfall (based on natural conditions and accessibility) where you can take a refreshing dip in the cool water. Upon arrival in the village you receive a traditional greeting of music and all the villagers welcoming you to their community. After about 10 minutes to wander around and explore the village on your own, you are given a short presentation about the Emberá culture and traditions and their crafts. After lunch you can take an optional short hike in the jungle with one of the village elders to learn about medicinal plants. You are given more free time to wander around, purchase any of their exquisite crafts or receive a temporary tattoo or have a conversation with the Emberá people. Finally the villagers perform some of their traditional shamanic and celebratory dances and music before we climb back in the dugout and head back down river and return to Panama City. This is a group tour, there may be others joining you for this unforgettable experience with the Emberá.
Inclusions for Embera Village Day Tour
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- All activities
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- River cruise
Exclusions for Embera Village Day Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A minimum of people per booking is required
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Panama Canal, Causeway, Old Town and Seafood Market Private Tour
- Soberania National Park, Monkey Island and Indian Village from Panama City
- Panama City Tour And The Canal
- Gatun Lake and Monkey Island Sightseeing Cruise from Panama City
- Day Trip to the Embera Village from Panama City
- Panama Canal Dining Experience: Lunch at International Miraflores Restaurant