Enchanted Umpqua RiverWrite a Review
OverviewA day of exploration along the Umpqua River Scenic Byway. Follow the rivers meandering and clear-flowing waters. Visit the Butterfly Pavilion and Fort Umpqua for a guided tour through the past, dine in the restored Roseburg train depot, take a ride through the Wildlife Safari Park and end the day with a sampling of Umpqua Valley Wines.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Free snacks included
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tourSAND DUNES & TSUNAMIS The day begins with a drive down the coast from Florence past the sand dunes and lakes. We will learn about Oregon’s number one industry and how the forests are managed. Drive through the tsunami devastated flood plains, past the Smith River before turning east to travel up the Scenic Umpqua River Byway.
UP-CLOSE views of Roosevelt Elk, with the herd sometimes reaching as many as 120 elk. The Roosevelt Elk are the largest and most majestic elks. Mountains, meadows and marshes are home to beaver, muskrat, mallards, Canada geese and great blue heron.
OBSERVE the life cycle of native butterflies in the butterfly pavilion and flight room. Here we stop for complimentary beverages and butterfly cookies before a guided tour through the Butterfly Pavilion and flight room.
WALK the trails through the native plant park with specimens from all of Oregon's climate zones.
TRAVEL back to the era of fur traders and pioneers at the replica of historic Fort Umpqua. established by the Hudson Bay Company in 1832 the fort was built to serve the company's fur trade operations. Here the students, dressed in historic costumes, will share with you the history and a demonstration of what life was like in the old west.
LUNCH at the historic McMenamins Roseburg Station Pub & Brewery. Restored to its past glory, with period photos showing the history of this extraordinary town. Features Northwest-style pub fare that incorporates fresh, local ingredients.
VIEW WILDLIFE at the Wildlife Safari. Nestled in a large wooded valley, the park features over 550 animals from around the world. As we drive through the park you can view over 76 species including tigers, giraffes, zebras, lions, elephants, bison, elk and bears.
EXPERIENCE world class wine. On our way back home we stop at one of the top vineyards for a sampling of Umpqua valley wines. The wine growing history here dates back to the 1880’s.Includes Admissions, demonstrations, water & Oregon snacks
Inclusions for Enchanted Umpqua River
- Private tour by students, dressed in historic costume's
- Entrance fees
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your Florence Hotel or RV Park.
- Light snack, coffee, tea and butterfly cookies.
- Your personal chauffeur. Highly qualified driver/guide.
- Travel in luxury SUV's and air-conditioned vans.
- Oregon snacks and refreshments throughout the tour.
- Games and activities for your children.
- Comprehensive commentary and great stories.
Exclusions for Enchanted Umpqua River
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Some wine tasting fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum drinking age is 21 years
Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.