Ephesus Ruins, House Of Virgin Mary And Temple Of Artemis Tour From KusadasiWrite a Review
OverviewJoin a full-day guided tour from Kusadasi and explore the remarkable ruins of the ancient city of Ephesus. Visit the last documented residence of the Virgin Mary and see the remains of the Temple of Artemis.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Special Offer
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourOne of the main appeals of Kusadasi is its proximity to the ancient city of Ephesus, the best preserved classical city in the Eastern Mediterranean. Cleopatra, Mark Antony, the Virgin Mary and John the Apostle once walked it's streets. This full-day guided tour from Kusadasi takes you to explore what is unquestionably one of the greatest sites of antiquity.
The largest open-air museum in Turkey, Ephesus contains more than 30 buildings and structures linked together by streets that still bear the mark of ancient chariot wheels. Your guide will show you the awe inspiring Great Theater, where St. Paul preached against the pagans and gladiators once engaged in battle. Walk along Marble Street to the Library of Celsus - the facade of which has been remarkably restored. You will also visit the Temple of Hadrian, Roman baths, and many other remarkable ruins.
The Church of the Virgin Mary lies just beyond Ephesus. According to Christian tradition, Mary was brought to Ephesus by the Apostle John after the Resurrection of Christ and lived her final days here. This church was erected on the foundation of that house and its authenticity has been confirmed by Pope Paul VI and Pope John Paul II.
End your day at the site of the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Today there are only a series of columns and scattered ruins of this marvellous Hellenistic construction, though the grandeur of this colossal structure once exceeded that of the Parthenon.
Inclusions for Ephesus Ruins, House Of Virgin Mary And Temple Of Artemis Tour From Kusadasi
- Entrance fees
- All activities
- Local guide
- Hotel/Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Ephesus Ruins, House Of Virgin Mary And Temple Of Artemis Tour From Kusadasi
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.