Epidaurus And Mycenae Private Day-Tour From AthensWrite a Review
From USD 96.06
OverviewExclusive to your group alone, journey in a car or minivan with your private driver. Independently experience two UNESCO World Heritage listed sites - the Sanctuary of Asklepios, and the Theater of Epidaurus. You may choose to have a local guide go with you, for an additional charge. Departing around 8:30am, explore the site of Ancient Mycenae, and its Palace of Agamemnon, leader of the Greeks in the Trojan war.Â Engage in the inspiring 'beehive' tombs, and first class museum.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourWith included door to door pickup from your Athens Hotel or Cruise ship terminal, depart around 8:30am in your private group. This tour provides a wonderful, and informative excursion out of Athens to see two of the most important sites in Greece.
After pickup, the tour departs towards the Peloponnese for approximately 90 minutes, to the UNESCO-listed Sanctuary of Asklepios with its on-site museum and Theater of Epidaurus, one of the most visited ancient sites in Greece. The temple and theater date from the 4th century and feature masterpieces of classical Greek architecture. Take all the time you need to visit this impressive site before a short 20 minute drive to the historical seaport of Nafplio (or Nafplion), the first capital of Greece, with a charming Venetian quarter nestled underneath the dominating hilltop castle of Palamidi. Here, your driver will be happy to provide a brief walking tour of the most important central areas, and you can also explore the town's many craft shops before lunch at one of the seaside cafes or restaurants.
Continuing after lunch you'll head to Mycenae, home to the citadel of the legendary Agamemnon, leader of the Greeks against the Trojans during the Trojan War. The âMycenaean period,â from 1600 to 1100 BC, references this ancient city, indicating its importance in Greek civilization. Pass through the imposing 20-foot-wide (6-meter) city walls, enter the Lion's Gate to Agamemnon's throne room, and explore the administrative and service buildings, tombs, and amazing treasury of Atreus, as well as the first class on-site museum before your return to Athens.
The tour is carried out with an experienced English speaking accompanied tour driver who will go at your own pace, and provides all the essential modern and historical context along the way to help you make the most of your time. If you prefer a guided tour inside either of the archeological sites themselves, licensed on-site professional guides are provide on request (additional cost). The tour is also perfect as a shore excursion with included return port pick-up/drop-off request. Return time in Athens is approximately 5pm.
Inclusions for Epidaurus And Mycenae Private Day-Tour From Athens
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Port pickup and drop-off for cruise ship passengers
- Transport by private vehicle or air-conditioned minivan (depending on number of passengers)
Exclusions for Epidaurus And Mycenae Private Day-Tour From Athens
- Entrance fees for Epidaurus - approximately 14 USD
- Entrance fees for Mycenae - approximately 14 USD
- Own choice in Nafplio for lunch - approximately 14 USD
- Gratuities (optional)
- Guiding inside archeological sites by a licensed on-site professional guide (provided on request with additional charge, approximately 112 USD per site for 2 hours) - Please specify if you want this option in the special requirements
- Athens Airport pick-up and/or return transfer on request - approximately 51 USD per transfer
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Comfortable shoes are recommended
Families and children are welcome
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.