Epidaurus And Mycenae Private Day-Tour From Athens
OverviewExclusive to your group alone, journey in a car or minivan with your private driver. Independently experience two UNESCO World Heritage listed sites - the Sanctuary of Asklepios, and the Theater of Epidaurus. You may choose to have a local guide go with you, for an additional charge. Departing around 8:30am, explore the site of Ancient Mycenae, and its Palace of Agamemnon, leader of the Greeks in the Trojan war. Engage in the inspiring 'beehive' tombs, and first class museum.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourAfter pickup at your hotel, cruise ship or Airport by your private & informative tour driver, sit back & relax in one of our new Black Mercedes E Class, AudiA6 or Mercedes Minibus models with full leather & free Wifi as you set off out of Athens to see two of the most important sites in Greece.
After approximately 90 minutes we reach the UNESCO-listed Sanctuary of Asklepios with its on-site museum and Theater of Epidaurus, one of the most visited ancient sites in Greece. The temple and theater date from the 4th century and feature masterpieces of classical Greek architecture. Take all the time you need to visit this impressive site before a short 20 minute drive to the historical seaport of Nafplio (or Nafplion), the first capital of Greece, with a charming Venetian quarter nestled underneath the dominating hilltop castle of Palamidi. Here, your driver will be happy to provide an easy orientation of the most important central areas, and you can also explore the town's many craft shops before lunch at one of the seaside cafes or restaurants.
Continuing after lunch you'll head to Mycenae, home to the citadel of the legendary Agamemnon, leader of the Greeks against the Trojans during the Trojan War. The Mycenaean period, from 1600 to 1100 BC, references this ancient city, indicating its importance in Greek civilization. Pass through the imposing 20-foot-wide (6-meter) city walls, enter the Lion's Gate to Agamemnon's throne room, and explore the administrative and service buildings, tombs, and amazing treasury of Atreus, as well as the first class on-site museum before your return to Athens.
Note: Your professional tour driver takes full care of you and provides historical, mythological, ancient, and modern information and context long the route. For expert accompanied guiding inside one or more of the sites by a professional licensed archeological guide, this can be provided on request (additional fee).
Inclusions for Epidaurus And Mycenae Private Day-Tour From Athens
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from centrally located hotels
- Free return transfer for Cruise ship passengers
- Dedicated English speaking Tour Driver throughout the day
- First class transport: Groups of 1 to 3 and families of 4: Black Mercedes E Class or Audi A6 Black sedan with full leather, A/C & free WiFi; Group of 4 or more: Black.Mercedes minivan. All new models with full leather, A/C, fridge & free WiFi.
Exclusions for Epidaurus And Mycenae Private Day-Tour From Athens
- Entrance fee to Epidaurus: approx.14 USD
- Entrance feeto Mycenae: approx.14 USD
- Nafpliorestaurant lunch:approx. 14 USD
- Gratuities (optional)
- Guidingat archeological sites by a licensed on-site professional guide (provided on request with additional charge of approx. 112 USD per site for 2 hours). Please specify if you want thisoption in special requirements
- Athens Airport pick-up and/ordrop-off on request: approx. 51 USD per transfer
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable shoes are recommended
Sunscreen and hats are recommended for visits during the summer months
Duration time is approximate and may vary based on local traffic and conditions
For Professional guiding inside any of the archeological sites please indicate if you want this option when booking and specify which site or sites (rate: 50 euro per hour)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.