Erice And Segesta Day Trip From Palermo With Sicilian Food And Wine Tasting
OverviewDiscover the best of western Sicily on a day trip to Erice and Segesta from Palermo. Be wowed by the views from Erice, a walled medieval mountain town that overlooks the picturesque Trapani harbor. Visit an olive oil producer and enjoy a typical Sicilian lunch, as well as tastings of locally produced oil and wine. Spend the afternoon at the archaeological site of Segesta. Discover the unfinished temple at your leisure and soak up dreamy views of Sicilys sun-drenched valleys and hills.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourMeet your tour leader in central Palermo and head for the hills towards two beautiful towns in Sicilys wild west.
After a relaxing journey in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle, stop at Erice, an isolated medieval town perched high on top of Mt Erice. Listen as your tour leader reveals Erices fascinating backstory. Legend suggests that Erice was founded by the indigenous Elymian people, who were believed to be Trojan exiles.
Admire the breathtaking vistas of sweeping valleys and wander around the maze of Mediterranean lanes. Venture into some of the towns pastry shops, which are known for their mouthwatering selections of specialty sweets, such as marzipan candies and almond and pistachio pastries.
Travel to a Sicilian olive oil estate and tuck into a typical Sicilian lunch that features fresh local produce such as cheese, olives and pasta. Savor samples of olive oil and wine, which are also produced locally.
After lunch, continue to Segesta, another city connected to the ancient Elymian people. Pay the admission fee to enter the archaeological site independently. Explore the ancient ruins at your leisure, marveling at the unfinished Doric temple, which dates back to the 5th century BC and at panoramic vistas of the rolling hills.
Please note that your tour leader will not accompany you inside the site, but he or she will be able to share information about its highlights and history.
Afterward, settle back into your seat for a scenic drive back to central Palermo, where your tour concludes.
Inclusions for Erice And Segesta Day Trip From Palermo With Sicilian Food And Wine Tasting
- Tour leader (from tour group size of 9 pax)
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- 2-course lunch
- Local wine, water during lunch
Exclusions for Erice And Segesta Day Trip From Palermo With Sicilian Food And Wine Tasting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Comfortable walking shoes recommended
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
PLease note the duration of the tour is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the day and traffic conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.