Erudite, Red And Fat BolognaWrite a Review
Get to visit and admire those highlights of Bologna that have helped it earned the title of “the erudite, the read and fat Bologna”. Visit the University of Bologna, one of the most antique Universities of the world because of which the city is known as erudite. Admire the red roofs of the city because of which it is known as Read Bologna and walk down the markets of the city that offer a rich dash of gastronomy, making it “fat”. This all-inclusive tour helps you to understand the adjectives with which Bologna is graced.
- Visit Piazza Maggiore, S. Petronio Cathedral, Sala Borsa, Neptune's Fountain, Archiginnasio First University, Merchand Streets, Seven Churches, Isolani Court, The Two Towers.
Know More about this tour
The heart of Bologna with its main red coloured buildings: the City Hall, the Podestà Palace, the most famous Neptune's Fountain, the King Enzo's Palace and the Sala Borsa.
You'll admire the Basilica of Saint Petronio (visit inside according to opening hours), the only one with the longest sundial in Europe.
The tour will continue with a visit of the first seat of the University of Bologna, Archiginnasio (visit inside, closed on Sunday) and its famous Anatomy Theatre dated 1637.
After we will walk through the historical Food Market towards the gothic Merchants' Palace and the Seven Churches (visit inside according to opening hours).
Then finally we'll pass through Isolani Court with its old wooden arcade, one of the almost 40 km porticos going through the city centre and we will reach the Two Leaning Towers, Asinelli and Garisenda which are undoubtedly the signature symbols of the city.
Inclusions for Erudite, Red And Fat Bologna
- Inside Monuments and outside sightseeing explanation.
- A little gadget to my guests.
Exclusions for Erudite, Red And Fat Bologna
- The cost of the audio headsets necessary for the visit of the interiors of the monuments in Bologna: 2,50 € per person for the groups of more than 7 person.
- Transportation is not included in the tour price. In case you don't have your own car I can arrange a private car/minivan with professional driver.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 30 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 30 days To 60 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- If you cancel between 60 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.