Espresso - Icecream - Strukli (Smallgroup Food Tour Of Zagreb)
OverviewIf you have done a short stroll down the streets of Zagreb, you have probably noticed the number of cafs and icecream parlours. Not every one serves excellent espresso or creamy icecream. Join us on this food tour and discover the best Zagreb can offer.
Know More about this tourEnjoy a mid-morning walking tour of Zagreb and experience the Croatia's capital through its coffee, icecream and strukli culture.
We guarantee a small group of no more than 6 people and we start our tour with a short stroll up the famous Tkalciceva Street, the hub of the old town and today home to some of Zagrebs most popular cafs and restaurants. This is the place to see and to be seen in Zagreb. We do like the locals do - sit down outside on the terrace and sip a cup of excellent espresso, followed by some organic icecream, while watching the world passing by.
We then walk around Zagreb's late 19th and early 20th century Downtown, admire its eye-catching neohistorical architecture, until we finally arrive to the charming Flowers' Square. This is one of local people's favourite spots and we take a break in the nearby icecream parlour with many flavours on offer. Here we go for a supercreamy dark chocolate with a hint of rum, chilli or cinnamon.
Walking back towards the Ban Josip Jelacic Main Square, we have a look at fresh produce at Dolac Market, the city's central farmers' market. This place is known as the belly of Zagreb and it is packed with fruits, vegetables, cheese, salami and numerous other products. Here your guide will explain the gastronomy of Zagreb and central Croatia, before we sit down in one of small eateries on the market's edge and munch on the most traditional dish of the region - strukli. Being listed as central Croatia's intangible cultural heritage, strukli is a pastry made of dough and various types of cheese filling, which can be either cooked or baked, salty or sweet.
Finally we take a shortcut down the World War Two underground tunnels, dug over 70 years ago through the heart of Zagreb's Gradec Hill. We take the exit to the Zagreb's Funicular, known as 'Uspinjaca', put in service in 1890 as the first public transport in the city. Today with a total length of 66 meters it is considered to be the shortest funicular in the world! Our final 'sweet' stops are in its vicinity. Have you ever tried pumpkin seeds icecream? Or maybe chestnut icecream? What about the one made of carrots and almonds? Well, this is your chance to try those unique flavours here in Zagreb!
Before we say farewells, we indulge in some traditional Bajadera chocolate with a twist at Kras' factory store. Opened in 1911, Kras is Croatia's most famous chocolate and candy factory. A perfect way to end our time together!
Inclusions for Espresso - Icecream - Strukli (Smallgroup Food Tour Of Zagreb)
- Walking food tour with licenced tour guide, 1 cup of espresso, Tasting of 2 different types of strukli, Tasting of 6 different icecream flavours at 4 different locations in Zagreb's city centre, Bajadera chocolate with a twist at Kras
Exclusions for Espresso - Icecream - Strukli (Smallgroup Food Tour Of Zagreb)
- Any entrance ticket to museums, galleries, funicular etc. Food and drinks other than stated above Transportation Gratuities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This is a small group tour with a maximum 6 participants for a more intimate experience
Tour operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately.
Clients are responsible for their own health conditions. Operator cannot guarantee special food requirements.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Trakoscan Castle & Varazdin from Zagreb
- Private Tour: Zagreb - Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Ljubljana and Bled - Small Group Day Tour from Zagreb
- Experience Plitvice lakes tour
- 3 Days for 3 NPs Plitvice-North Velebit-Paklenica
- Plitvice lakes semi private tour from Zagreb
- Full-Day Ljubljana and Bled Small-Group Tour from Zagreb
- Zagreb Urban Kayaking Tour