Esquina Carlos Gardel Tango Show With Optional Dinner In Buenos Aires
OverviewSettle in for a night of top-notch tango in the refined theater of Esquina Carlos Gardel, located in a corner of Buenos Aires where Carlos Gardel and other tango legends once riffed their newfound tunes. Sit back as a live orchestra, vocalists and sultry dancers whisk you back to the Golden Decade of the 1930s. With four seating packages available, upgrade your seat to the VIP section or dine on a 3-course gourmet meal before the show. Select drinks and round-trip transport from downtown Buenos Aires hotels are included.
- All entrance fees included
- Dinner included
- Enjoy a romantic night including dinner
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup, head to the restaurant-theater of Esquina Carlos Gardel for one of the finest performances of Argentine tango music and dance in Buenos Aires. The old cantina is located in the neighborhood of Abasto, the former stomping grounds of musician and singer Carlos Gardel, the godfather of tango, whose recordings made tango sizzle around the world during the Golden Decade of the 1930s.
Inside the two-story theater, take in the elegant antique dcor and revel in a 2-hour show recreating the sophistication of that period. After the chandelier lights dim, learn the history of Argentine tango from a film and then watch a live orchestra, singers and a company of gorgeously talented dancers on stage.
Choose from one of the four seating packages below. If you opt to have dinner on-site, your sumptuous 3-course meal featuring international cuisine with Argentine pique begins two hours before showtime. (See Itinerary for a sample menu.) After the performance, enjoy transport back to your hotel.
Show Only Standard
Enjoy the show from a seat on the ground floor, or stall sector, of the theater. Soft drinks, mineral water and house wine are included.
Show Only VIP
Watch the show from a seat in the VIP section, giving you an even better vantage point of the stage. Soft drinks, mineral water and a selection of wine are included.
Dinner and Show Standard
Enjoy a delicious 3-course dinner and take in the show from a table located in the stall sector. Soft drinks, mineral water and a selection of wine are included.
Dinner and Show VIP
Tuck into a 3-course meal and then watch the show from a table in the VIP section. Enjoy a greater number of course selections in the dinner menu. Soft drinks, mineral water and a selection of wine, including a glass of sparkling wine, are included.
Inclusions for Esquina Carlos Gardel Tango Show With Optional Dinner In Buenos Aires
- Tango show
- Standard 3-course dinner (if option selected)
- VIP 3-course dinner (if option selected)
- VIP seating (if option selected)
- Beverages (water, soft drinks, wine)
- Sparkling wine (VIP Dinner and Show option only)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Esquina Carlos Gardel Tango Show With Optional Dinner In Buenos Aires
- Gratuities (optional)
- Dinner (if option not selected)
Itinerary:Sample 3-Course Dinner Menu (subject to change):
- Traditional Argentine criollo turnovers filled with Angus beef
- Vegetable soup with focaccia bread
- Roasted vegetables, cured ham, bocconcini mozzarella, and black olives with almond pesto
- Patagonia prawns wrapped in bacon, with tomato tartar and coconut cream (offered in VIP dinner only)
- Grilled Angus beef with potatoes browned in rosemary butter
- Marinated pork roulade with coleslaw and scallion salad
- Farm chicken stuffed with roasted peppers, potato mousseline and barbecue sauce
- Penne rigate with crudaiola sauce and bocconcini mozzarella
- Atlantic salmon with almond-flour, portobello mushroom and pickled lemon butter (offered in VIP dinner only)
- Roasted Angus sirloin steak dressed with potato puff-paste and paste of tomatoes and chilies (offered in VIP dinner only)
- Assortment of traditional Argentine desserts: cheese and dulce de batata (creamed sweet potato paste), mini-homemade flan with toffee sauce, and dulce de leche (soft caramel) ice cream with almond garrapiñada (roasted caramelized almonds)
- Chocolate mousse on Breton biscuit with pistachio syrup (offered in VIP dinner only)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age to drink alcohol is 18 years
If you choose a 'Dinner and Show' option, please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.