Essaouira Highlights: Day Tour From Marrakech - Marrakesh
OverviewLeave Marrakech's hustle and bustle and enjoy a day away of Marrakech. Feel the charm of Morocco's coast, visit Argan tree fields, see Essaouira's fish Market, listen to spiritual music and see 14th century Portuguese landmarks!
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Family friendly
- Ideal choice for families
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
Know More about this tour
Explore the medieval city Essaouira with its picturesque harbor, the UNESCO protected medina, city walls which gives nice views over the Atlantic Ocean, its sandy beaches and taste the fresh fish in one of the local restaurants.
A 3-hour drive from Marrakech takes you to the medieval looking town Essaouira, formaly known as Mogador. The authentic Medina is listed on the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Before arriving in Essaouira, stop for a nice view over the white city and the Atlantic Ocean. A first visit is the picturesque harbour where in the morning fishing boats unload their catch of the day and where the fish is sold by bid. There is still a small wharf where wooden boats are build. A walk on the Sqala with its bronze cannons rewards you with magnificant views over the harbour and Mogador Island. The walk continues over the city walls where you get an overview of the Medina with its narrow streets and white houses with blue shutters. The Medina is home to numerous art galleries, handicraft shops, work shops where carpenters make the finest objects from the thuja wood, souks of spices, silver and precious stones.
Also worth a visit is the Mellah which is the Jewish Quarter in the northern part of the town and the museum Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdallah which holds a collection of old crafts, weapons, jewelry, musical instruments, carpets and beautiful silk costumes. Taste the fresh grilled seafood in one of the local restaurants at the port or the Medina (own expense) and have a walk on the beach or a camel ride before heading back to Marrakech.
Inclusions for Essaouira Highlights: Day Tour From Marrakech
- Morning tea
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Essaouira Highlights: Day Tour From Marrakech
- Entrance fees
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is formal
Dress code is smart casual
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 7 days private tour from Marrakech (Roam Morocco Package)
- Private Desert Excursion 2 nights 3 days for 2 people to Merzouga erg chabi wit 2 nights accommodation
- 4-Day Authentic Desert Tour From Marrakesh
- 4-Day Desert Tour From Marrakesh
- A cultural mule riding day trip in the Atlas Mountains !
- 3 days private desert tour from Marrakech to Merzouga Sahara camp and Chefchaouen
- Full-Day Private Guided Tour of Marrakech Highlights
- 2-Hour Agafay Desert Quad Biking in Marrakech