Essence Of Kochi Half Day Tour
OverviewBook this Kochi City tours that take you to explore most of the popular attractions in Kochi including Dutch Palace, Jew Street, Jewish Synagogue, Santa Cruz Bascilica, St. Francis Church and Chinese Fishing Nets.
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourYour chauffeur will pick you up from your hotel in Kochi and transfer you to the Mattancherry side of the old city.
Visit the Dutch Palace (own expense), also known as Mattancherry Palace or Portuguese palace, situated in Mattancherry (Closed on Friday). Witness the classic construction of this museum that features Kerala murals depicting Hindu temple art, portraits and exhibits of the Rajas of Kochi.
Stroll along the historical street from the Dutch Palace to the popular Jew Street, which leads you to the Jewish Synagogue. Journey back in time and see the various spice shops and curio souks. The Jewish Synagogue, popularly known as Paradesi Synagogue, is the oldest active synagogue in this part of the world ( Closed on Friday & Saturday). Enjoy the beauty of the curved brass columns, intricate carved teak of the Ark, Belgian crystal chandeliers, the Torah's solid golden crowns set with gems, and more.
Continue on to Fort Kochi and visit the Santa Cruz Cathedral Basilica. Discover one of the finest and most impressive of the eight basilicas in India. Stop by the St. Francis CSI Church, originally built in 1503 is the oldest European church in India.
See the Chinese fishing nets that are fixed land installations for fishing. Each installation is operated by a team of up to six fishermen. A popular sight due their size and elegant construction that is photogenic. Hear the slow rhythm as they operation known to be quite hypnotic.
Return to your Kochi hotel at the conclusion of the tour.
Inclusions for Essence Of Kochi Half Day Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- GST (Goods and Services Tax) and local taxes
Exclusions for Essence Of Kochi Half Day Tour
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 10 people per booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Jewish Synagogue is closed on Fridays and Saturdays and Jewish Holidays.
Dutch Palace is closed on Fridays and Public Holidays.
Maritime Museum is closed on Mondays and Public Holidays.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Kochi Day Tour of Jewish Synangogue, Jew Town, Dutch Palace, Chinese Fishing Nets and Folklore Museum
- Private Transfer: Cochin Airport (COK) to Kochi Hotels
- Private Tour: Kochi Half-Day Tour of Jewish Synagogue, Dutch Palace, Chinese Fishing Nets and St. Francis Church
- Full Day Private Cochin Shore Excursion
- Discover Kochi Walking Half-Day Tour