Etna And Alcantara - Catania
OverviewWith its lunar landscape and untamed wilderness, the Mountain Etna is the highest active volcano in Europe with its 3,350m and provides the perfect setting for these unique excursions in Sicily. Just one warning Hephaestus forge never closes! The Etna Alcantara Tour starts discovering the Silvestri Craters, which were created by the 1892 eruption on the south side of the volcano.
Know More about this tour
The excursions starts discovering the Silvestri Craters created by the 1892 eruption on the south side of the volcano. Afterwards the route continues with a trekking along a path leading to a ridge a wonderful overlooks of the Valle del Bove, which is a huge caldera and scene of the latest spectacular eruption.
After the trekking we will explore a lava cave with torches and helmets to get into the volcano.
After visiting the lava cave, we will have a break to enjoy a typical Sicilian lunch all together.
In the afternoon the excursion continues with then a free honey tasting session in a local family company. Then lets dive into the icy waters of the Gole dellAlcantara, a spectacular and unique rocky canyon and home to one of the finest examples of columnar lava basalts in the world.
Enjoy a complimentary hotel pickup and transfer from your centrally located Cairns accommodations. Our Tourgide, wich is a Multilanguage guide, pick you up at 9 o clock and brings you to the south side of the Etna. Befor we are driving back to Catania, we will enjoy a typical sicilian lunch all together and brings you to Alcantara. You will be at your hotel around 18 o clock.
Inclusions for Etna And Alcantara
- On the Etna excursions is included the transfer from and to you hotel or B&B. Also a multilanguage guide, which explain you the history from the Etna and answer every questions. Also included is a typical sicilian lunch.
Exclusions for Etna And Alcantara
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.