Etna And Taormina - CataniaWrite a Review
On this tour, you will see the best of Catania. From the most prominent part of Mt Etna- Parco dell’Etna to Rifugio Sapienza, there are a lot of other view points as well for you to stop at and marvel at the beauty of this volcanic region. The biggest highlight of this tour is definitely the sampling of locally produced honey and oil at an organic farm in Zafferana.
- Visit Parco dell’Etna
- Explore the spectacular Rifugio Sapienza
- Visit to a famous organic farm in Zafferana
Know More about this tour
Our guide will pick you up from your hotel and, on the way up to Rifugio Sapienza (1920 mamsl), you will stop in certain view points. You will receive all the information you need about the history and the territory of the volcano and visit the sites of the last eruptions and the old Silvestri Craters. From Rifugio Sapienza you will be able to choose if you wish to continue by doing some trekking in one of the nature paths of “Parco dell’Etna”, up to 2000 m, or if you wish to buy the Etna high altitude option. If you choose this option you will reach 2504 meters by cable car and you will then continue with special 4x4 minibuses and arrive at Torre del Filosofo, (2900 meters). From here it will be possible to admire the great central crater, the South-East crater and the historical lava flows that characterize the landscape of Etna, in a scenery stretching right down to the sea. With the alpinist guides (which speak Italian and English) you will visit the places where the life of the volcano flourishes, in full safety. You will return to Rifugio Sapienza by minibus and cable car.
You will then explore a lava cave with helmets and torches.
Before heading towards Taormina, you will stop at a famous organic farm, in Zafferana, for a delicious sampling of honey, wine, oil and other typical products.
On the way to Taormina you will stop at the wonderful “Isola Bella”, a Wildlife Reserve considered the “pearl of the Ionian sea” for its natural beauty, where it will be possible to bathe in its marvellous crystal clear waters.
After lunch (not included in the price) you will dedicate the afternoon to visiting the picturesque town of Taormina.
Along the main road of this town, Corso Umberto, with the Messina Gate below and the Catania Gate on the mountain side, you will admire the most important monuments: Palazzo Corvaja (The Corvaja Palace), the Teatro Antico* (The Old Theatre), Piazza IX Aprile, the Torre dell’orologio (The Clock Tower), the Cattedrale Fortezza (The Fortress Cathedral), the Badia Vecchia (The Old Abbey), and the Palazzo Duca di Santo Stefano (The Duke of Saint Stephen Palace), and much more. It will also be possible to go shopping in the exclusive shops which alternate with workshops.
Inclusions for Etna And Taormina
- Shuttle bus (return)
- Multilingual guide
- Trekking shoes (on request)
- The kit for visiting the Cave
Exclusions for Etna And Taormina
- Cableway to reach 2500 m € 30.00 (to pay on the spot)
- Cableway + 4x4 minibus + alpinist guide to reach 3000 m € 62.00 (to pay on the spot)
- Authorized tourist guide in Taormina (on request)
- Optional visit of Greek Theatre € 10,00
- All that is not specified under “the cost includes”.
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 1 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 1 days To 2 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 50%
- If you cancel between 2 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.