OverviewEtna Day Tour: Mount Etna is the highest Mediterranean island mountain and the most active stratovolcano in the world. A day spent with a small friendly tour group, beautiful nature, endemic flora and fauna, cinder cones and lava caves of Etna Regional Nature Park. Departs Catania, available all year long.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourAt 9:00am, you'll be picked up at your accommodation with our 4-wheel drive. You'll reach the altitude of 2,000 meters above sea level. From there, you'll enjoy a moderate hike for a duration of approximately 3 hours to admire the fascinating landscape of the Valle del Bove depression and it's moon like desert which is an old caldera from where we will have a breathtaking view of the smoking craters of Mount Etna and the surrounding landscapes facing the lonian sea.
Your tour also includes an exploration of a lava tube, an experience that takes you to unique locations in Etna's most spectacular lava tube caves, a natural phenomena created when the surface lava solidified but magma continued to flow in tunnels.
You'll be dropped off at your accommodation at 3:30pm.
Inclusions for Etna Excursion From Catania
- Local, professional guide
- Environmental guide hiking certified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of helmet
- Small-group tour
- Equipment if requested at time of booking
Exclusions for Etna Excursion From Catania
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
A moderate amount of walking is involved
The program of the excursion may be subject to changes.
(Adverse weather conditions, as well as restrictions on access to the volcano by the competent authorities)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.